NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Syxoed

Pokemon, Real RPG

For some crazy reason I though that Nintendo should make use of one of it's best franchise, and actually pour some money into Pokemon,

colosseum sucked, and I've heard that colosseum 2 is even worse.

Just make an online pokemon RPG for the Revolution and you'll get

-Your money back multiple times

-Better revolution sales which leads to more game sales.

Why not do this, I can't see why this wouldn't work.

We've been wanting a 3d Pokemon RPG for years now. I really hope they make it into a MMORPG for the Revolution (or DS?). It would be sooo good. Finding pokemon, training them up then battling against other people over the internet.

The thing is Nintendo isnt investing much in the "Real Pokemon RPG" but theyre still getting a lot money with it. Still, I agree with you a true Pokemon RPG would rule, but I doubt they would do a MMORPG, because you would probably need to pay monthly. They can make online battles and tournaments though.

Well, compared to how popular Pokemon is and how well is would sell (not to forget just how awsome a Pokemon MMRPG would be) I can't see why they shouldn't spend a LOT a money on it.

These are all great ideas for a pokemon game on Revo. Online play would be great - maybe they'll have something in the next DS incarnation. Oddly enougth though, Pokemon is one of the few Nintendo franchises not yet confirmed to be coming to the Revo. It's almost a certainty it will though.

PS. Actually, I can imagine quite a few people would be willing to pay the monthly subscription for a pokemon MMORPG, and it would rock - might be a problem with younger fans though.

Yes, but they could combine subscription with games, like if you buy a pkmn MMRPG subscribtion, you'd also get a SSB subscription, that would be a clever marketing plan.

You probably wouldn't need a SSB subscritption cause' it won't need it's own servers to run, but I'm surprised that Nintendo and Sony haven't done something like xbox live - a single subscrition for most online games on the system is a good idea, and obviously works. Still, at least we can play some titles free of charge as a result. A number of pros and cons in there.

Well, if we got a uber-super-ultimate Pokemon RPG we wouldn't need any other Pokemon games. And Nintendo wouldn't make money! :p :indeed:

MMORPGs are great and I am sure the Pokemon universe is perfectly for such a project but it will not happen in this generation (probably not even in the next). Why?

It costs a lot of money to build a infrastructure thus you need to pay fees to maintain it at a good level even though there are online games which don't need monthly payments (like Guild Wars) but I think generally this is not the intention of Nintendo. Furthermore Pokemon is a big hit for many children - okay I like the game too and I am 22 but the majority is under 16 I think. Do you really think children would pay a monthly fee to play that game? I can't believe that parents would be too happy about that. Playing even longer on the console a day and then also paying for it?

Nintendo wants to remain a good and affordable company - a Pokemon RPG with monthly payments involved simply doesn't fit I believe.

Well, if we got a uber-super-ultimate Pokemon RPG we wouldn't need any other Pokemon games. And Nintendo wouldn't make money! :p :indeed:

exactly. they are just gonna milk it dry until we get fed up. then they release the best pokemon game of all time, and then we buy it. It then becomes the best selling game of all time. then when thats dried up they release a half-assed sequeal. we buy it, but we we want it better, but they dont release one until a few years after. Again we get fed up, they release a new bad ass RPG, were happy, we buy it, and the cycle conitnues... (GO NINTENDO) :grin::heh:

a game like this has the potential to be one of the best mmorpgs ever, but if done by the right people. i think a collaboration between blizzard and gamefreak straight after diamond and pearl are released would do just that

Sign in to follow this