N-Europe

Prelims...

Calza

Mine start on Wensday and i have not even started revising at all :shakehead

I know for a fact i'll fail Credit Maths and Chemistry, maybe General Chemistry aswell.

It seems pretty unfair though as the other school near me, get study leave but I suppose if I had started revising earlier it wouldn't be like this.

Good luck to anybody else doing them :indeed:

Ours start on the 16th of January as our school does them as late as possible. We don't get study leave, even for our actualy Standard Grade exams, but oh well - I'll get more done in school than at home anyway.

Most of my subjects should be fine - apart form German, damn German!

My policy was to not buy any DS games while I was studying.. I lasted until the last exam of 6.. and I barely played Meteos while I was meant to be revising.

Give yourself 1 game that you can play.. so if you start to overplay you get sick of it. If you cannot resist lock them up or give them to a friend for safe keeping.

Videogames ruined my first year of college (that and parties and the Sun)

My Higher Prelims aren't until February, and I get to stay at home the day before the exams start and when I don't have an exam. Same for the finals. :heh:

The guys doing Standard Grade don't get any study leave though.

Make sure you do lots and lots of past papers and you'll be fine, the questions you do in class are totally different from exam questions. I thought I would fail credit maths and I got a 2 in both the prelim and final exam. I then went onto get a C at higher which my teacher said I wouldn't even get a D* in. :heh:

*C = Pass

D = Fail

N/A = Worse fail.

I really can't study at all. I'll be working at my desk but then i'll want to play Guild Wars, sitting on my bed need my DS, etc...

I'm trying not to get too worked up about it and keep telling myself it's not the real thing.

Thank God I get the results after my birthday and Christmas ::grin:

Wait...you're 14...what prelims are you talking about?

In Scotland, we do Standard Grades at the end of 4th year (14 or 15 (16?)) and prelims come halfway through 4th year (although it differs from school to school). Standard Grades are a 2 year course, similar to your GCSEs.

I'm just back from my English prelim and I feel really bad. I tend to write pretty wierd essays and the one I did was aswell. The last time I did an essay in class (under exam conditions) it was ungradable.

The reading prelim was slightly better and I feel as if I at least got a 2.

But it's tommorow which i'm more worried about. I'm going to do as many Maths past papers to see what i'm not good at.

Todays going to be a long day :(