NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
gj15987

TV's!

I've read through the other TV topics but couldn't really make sense of things. I want a new TV for crimbo and I was looking at some of the nice big 42" ones. And as far as I know...I should be going for a HDTV.

So in terms of using the Wii on a HDTV...do I just need to get the component cables to get the best picture?

Aaaand, if anyone could shed some light on Rear Projection, Flat Panel, LCD, Plasma etc I would be greatful.

First TV I came to was this one which I like the look of http://www.comet.co.uk/cometbrowse/product.do?sku=274453

So in terms of using the Wii on a HDTV...do I just need to get the component cables to get the best picture?

http://www.n-europe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9573

Yes, you definitely will want the Component cables, to take advantage of progressive scan. That thread is very informative.

I don't know about that TV, but i have a Samsung R7 model and i love it.

£700 for a 42-inch HDTV? wow!

Only problem i can see there is that Rear-Projection TVs are rather susceptible to 'screen-burn'. If you leave it displaying a still image for a long period of time the image will burn into the screen, theres a chance of this happening with any TV but Rear-Projection increases the risk dramatically.

If your carefull with it then you've got yourself a bargain, just be carefull not to leave games on pause for long periods of time (like while you go to eat dinner)

Yeah I never leave stuff on pause anyways..I'm too conscious about saving energy and the planet etc, lol.

But it also depends on how long. I mean...the longest I play is about 2 - 3 hours. I don't want a D pad and a few buttons burned on the screen after playing Zelda lol!

And yes indeed to that "wow". But I'm thinkin maybe there has to be a reason its only £699.

I find it weird it says it has Virtual Dolby Surround Sound and then in another place it says it doesn't...

So assuming I wont be on the same channel or playing for long periods of time...would anyone recommend that TV? Or am I better off getting an LCD one?

Sign in to follow this