NEurope
Nintendork

US Launch: Wii.com updated.

To coincide with the US launch in 4 hours Nintendo America has made a bit of effort to improve the site that was previously really quite kack.

http://wii.nintendo.com/

Not really thread worthy but hey, that's all we'll get for 3 weeks.

Now that's how you get someone excited for a console launch. I don't like the new layout. It's pretty much the same, just reorganised.

Actually I found on the old sites.. dunno if it was Safari but none of the links to games worked, and it was very out of date.

I would click Zelda and get nothing.. same for WarioWare and Wii Sports.

us.wii.com is the old site, the new site works fine for me but has been quite ropey, i've had 404's a couple of times.

maybe they're just testing it.

I did like the last one, but it was plain HTML and therefore not updateable. I do like the entire game list, hope they keep it up-to-date. It's sleek-looking. Hope Europe gets the same treatment december 7. Oh, and I hope Nintendo-Europe themselves will update their site and look more nintendo.com like. At least that would be modern...

To coincide with the US launch in 4 hours

In 4 hours? Considering you posted this at roughly 8 pm GMT, you're wrong, dude.

Anyway, the Gamespot coverage begins at 7:30 pm PST, which will be at 3 am GMT. I'm gonna stay up. :) I stayed up for the PS3, why shouldn't I for the great Nintendo? And at least Nintendo won't have no clown screaming at people about wanting to see "the back of your asses"... Well, I hope not. :D

The Wait is over in 2 hours, 13 minutes, and 30 seconds. (Google: Wii countdown)

Guess I got a bad link.

http://wiiclock.com/

I want to see the coverage of Yoshi, a guy who is going to play Wii on webcam for 7 days. 5 hours sleep a day and take-out food, toilet breaks of course. But that's it.

The Wii countdown clock is wrong. That's GMT. It won't be out till after then in the US

the Wii launches on the East Coast US in exactly 6 hours/15 minutes as of this post.

The countdown clock on thewiire.com is accurate

OK

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

To coincide with the US launch in 4 hours Nintendo America has made a bit of effort to improve the site that was previously really quite kack.

http://wii.nintendo.com/

Not really thread worthy but hey, that's all we'll get for 3 weeks.

You're getting one launch day Nintendork?

If I can beg borrow and steal enough to get one.

It may mean selling my GameCube collection to get one. Which I really don't wanna do.