NEurope
DiemetriX

Wii on LCDtv

Is VGA better than Component on the 360?

Is VGA the one thats like a PC input? Cos my PC is already taking up that port on my TV.....

Yes, VGA is a PC input.

Technically, I don't think VGA gives you a much higher quality picture over component, if any. They're both analogue inputs that work in much the same way. I'd imagine the quality of the cables used factors too.

In the 360's case, a VGA cable gives you access to more resolutions than component though - eight in all, from 640x480 right up to 1920x1080.

I switched to using a VGA cable instead so I could display my 360 at 1360x768, my television's native resolution...

"The native resolution on a LCD can be thought of as the maximum resolution on a CRT monitor. The big difference is that CRT monitors can display images at a lower resolution without picture quality loss while a LCD monitor has to rely on interpolation (scaling of the image). A LCD has to scale up a smaller image to fit into the area of the native resolution. This is the same principle as taking a smaller image in your favorite image editing program and enlarging it; the clarity you had with the smaller image loses its sharpness when it is expanded."

Technically, I don't think VGA gives you a much higher quality picture over component, if any. They're both analogue inputs that work in much the same way. I'd imagine the quality of the cables used factors too.

Thats all i needed to know. No need to spend more money now on a VGA cable for the 360.

VGA is good for non standard resolutions. e.g a LCD computer monitor rather than a proper LCD tv.

LCD looks pants in non native resolutions