NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
UziT

Help Urgent! CD/DVD drives probs!

I've just come back from college, eager to play football manager 07 when i double click on the logo to play but it says please enter DVD! I go to My Computer to check if its there but my HDD, floppy and iPod come up but no CD/DVD !!! help please!

Try rebooting. Sometimes after a few sleep/on cycles my laptop stops seeing my dvd drive :)

I have dude restarted me comps millions of times! :S

it does come up on the device manager!

please someone? anyone? :cry:

Check if its in the BIOS. I had this happen on my new PC, it stopped recognising my IDE drive after a BIOS update. I just bought a SATA one (which i was going to do anyway). But if it is recognised in BIOS, then its a software problem.

Restart your pc, and hold the delete button, not backspace. But delete. The BIOS will load up start up, check for the name of your CD/DVD drive. See if its stated or not.

Boot the PC, see what drives it detects, if it doesn't detect the optical drives, open it up and see if the cables are well connected.

Restart your pc, and hold the delete button, not backspace. But delete. The BIOS will load up start up, check for the name of your CD/DVD drive. See if its stated or not.

The button you press varies from computer to computer.

When you see the thing that says "Press [button] to enter setup" or similar, press that button and have a look around.

my bro was thinking he'll completely re install the comp....should he?

Where does he re-install it from? If the drive is not detected in the bios, it's not gonna boot from a cd.

There's a possibility that a cd/dvd that's in the drive might cause the drive not being detected.

Do the following when the computer is off:

There's a small hole in the front of the dvd, push a somewhat long pin there so it opens the tray. Then pull it open with your hands, take out the disc that's in it and boot the computer and see what happens.

If there's no disc, check the cables.

Where does he re-install it from? If the drive is not detected in the bios, it's not gonna boot from a cd.

There's a possibility that a cd/dvd that's in the drive might cause the drive not being detected.

Do the following when the computer is off:

There's a small hole in the front of the dvd, push a somewhat long pin there so it opens the tray. Then pull it open with your hands, take out the disc that's in it and boot the computer and see what happens.

If there's no disc, check the cables.

theres no cd/dvd in there dude....i've checked the cables :S

Sign in to follow this