NEurope
wiiagama

GAME TESTERS ACCESS WII DATA SHEET

i was personally offered a job as gametester at nintendo germany through a agency advert in the mirror newspaper i have previous work experiance in both germany and holland as im a engineer (metal machining cnc turning milling etc)

I didnt take the job due to the money not being all that great and due to the resent terror scare at uk airports was finding that tickets to germany were a massive 600 pounds......

my freind has took a posision at nintendo as a sub contract games tester he is testing hardware and software oviously but has seen some data on wiis specs...

BROADWAY CPU

POWERPC 750CL at 729mhz

full 4x32 bit sims fpu (like a g4/g5)

512k l2 catche

96k l1 catche

cl core with twice as many gamecentric instruction upgrades as the gekko core

copperwire tech

silicon on insulator tech

249mhz front side bus linked to hollywood gpus 249mhz northbridge

the cpu is said to beat a 750gx 1,1ghz in gaming benchmarks

its allso thought broadway can access the edram (1tsram-r) embedded on hollywood as a of chip l3 catche

this is a fine cpu design and balance and is totally dedicated to gaming cpu work no sound or hd processing

please check my post on 5.1 sound thread as it seems some of you dont understand pro logic 2 and 2x im only trying to help address miss informed foke

If this is true, then I expected the specs to be around about that, except wow that's a lot more cache than the Gamecube has! That should hopefully make a big difference.

A friend of a friend who's janitor at the place he works at's cousin's uncles brother twice separated dog's sister's owner's mum's boyfriend's son who works at Nintendo HQ cleaning the desk after hours says that he heard from two of the workers that the Wii has 5d holoprojectory surround.

It doesn't make sense to me. Nintendo Europe doesn't hire hardware testers because everything is tested in Japan where it's made. I can imagine they give software testers a spec sheet but I can't see them just detailing about the hardware architecture like you do.

The specs are pretty much that now, so no credit to you but to IGN even though there are a lot of people quoting that now. They're not good at all, Nintendo should've been able to do better than that really. The CPU has been modernized, luckily, with a better FPU and an expansion of the Gekko instruction set.

Edit: OK, I don't believe a single word you're saying. You're the random spammer popping up once in a few months that thinks he knows about hardware.

A friend of a friend who's janitor at the place he works at's cousin's uncles brother twice separated dog's sister's owner's mum's boyfriend's son who works at Nintendo HQ cleaning the desk after hours says that he heard from two of the workers that the Wii has 5d holoprojectory surround.

That's getting old.

Anyone care to translate this into uninformed terms?

Well it's pretty much a repeat of what we knew months ago. Plus NOE only does localisations, and I also cannot understand why a games tester would be handed a spec sheet.

Also these things are all apparently gold now. That includes all hardware and launch games.

Its basically an Xbox

Sometimes it can't even get that far. Waggle waggle will keep it going though.

the pay at nintendo is around 1400 euros a month you have to pay 150 euros a month towards your digs the rest is all yours taxes pad it works out to about 1000pounds take home a month witch is not worth the travel and missing my kids i earn 600 euros a week minimum in holand doing metal machining

the 1st wave of wii tester positions were filled 24th of august this year i was offered a 28th august start date

anyone calling me bull poo talker like some kid trying to pretend he nows a guy at nintendo are sadly mistaken iv still got all the agencys contact details SO ASK THE AGENCY YOURSELF if they employ nintendo temp staff i should know i was offered the job

its 3 times a xbox easy if gamecube hit 16 million polygons and 8 texture layers and xbox hit 10 million polygons and 4 texture layers how can wii be a xbox

allso xbox did 4 texture stages 4 layers

gamecube did 16 texture stages and 8 layers so if gamecube out specs xbox in real time

how is wii a xbox

xbox front side bus 133mhz gamecube frontside bus 164mhz

wii frontside bus 249mhz

wii fsb clock balanced 1 to 1 with gpu

gamecube fsb clock balanced 1 to 1 with gpu

xbox totally unbalanced

wii cpu to fsb perfect 3 to 1 balance

gamecube to fsb 3 to 1 perfect balance

xbox 733mhz cpu (cisc rubbish) 133mhz totally un balanced

xbox catch 128k

gamecube 256k

wiicatche 512k

SO HOW IS IT A XBOX WHEN CUBE OUT PERFORMS A XBOX IN REALTIME GAMECENTRIC OPERATIONS

XBOX CPU DESIGN ALUMINIUM CISC NO PENTIUM OR CATCHE UPGRADES

WII RISC POWERPC COPPERWIRE AND SILICON ON INSULATOR THATS CUTTING EDGE DESIGN CELERON IS OFF THE SHELF 1990S CISC RUBBISH

XBOX MY BROWN EYE

lol, all the funky numbers in the world mean very little, it's all about how the games actually look. I'm sick of people trying to bamboozle others with techno-jargon! I want to see pretty games, not impressive that someone has got from a 'mate in the biz'.

So knowledge of the English language isn't required to join Nintendo then.

Probably not as a German game tester.

These specs sound a lot like the IGN ones.

Either IGN was right or he is fake. Or IGN was right and he is still fake :D

I won't be questioning if this is true or not, but we've know for ages that the "soaped up Xbox" title given by IGN was bullshit at best.

They've shown their lack of knowledge for GC's architecture later on too, when they said Wii, just like GC lacked shaders...

Now, what is said on the first post... The specs are probably true, but it can't be judged by comparing numbers directly like a n00b when buying a new PC or IGN does.

GC had 7 stages (if I'm not mistaken) Xbox's celeron has 17 stages... and Xenon and Cell have about 30 stages, Wii's CPU should be blazing fast for it's clock speed.

Anyone interested in the matter could know that though, you don't need to work at Nintendo.

Xbox hit 15 million polygons at 30 frames per second though... Whereas GC did 15 Million polygons on launch date at 60 fps.

hahaha too true!

thanks for support guys nice to see others out there know for fact that gamecube was most powerfull (for want of a better term as power isnt the right term) than xbox

i highly dout resident evil 4 /rougue sqodren 3/twilightlight princess can be done at 24 bit high res colour 24 bit textures and gen leading lighting polygons and texture pass

xbox mearly reached 9 million polygons once you multi layered textures and added shaders

and gamecube supported shaders in the tev unit and 4 times the texture staging of xbox and 2 times the texture pass

CLEARLY HIGHER GAMING PERFORMANCE THAN XBOX PLUS MUCH FASTER LOADTIMES

wii shall out power out clock sink out bandwidth out clock speed and out ram gamecube it shall allso have a faster larger priority disc drive not a slow dvd long loadtimes dvd drive

its not about raw power its about class leading design and system real world power not on paper power:horse: :horse: i feel like that sometimes

next time pc world guy talks clockspeed punch him in the face

the specs iv mentioned do mirror igns but take into account

new processors

tighter design

very very very fast ram

mim2 edram nec process

high bandwitdths

system balance

dedicated sound processor

very fast disc/drive system

give a example 360 gpu has a sub die of 10mb edram hitting 32 gb bandwidth

hollywood is reported to have 27mb on board edram(1tram-r)

thats way more and way better ram dedicated than 360s gpu

i was personally offered a job as gametester at nintendo germany through a agency advert in the mirror newspaper i have previous work experiance in both germany and holland as im a engineer (metal machining cnc turning milling etc)

I didnt take the job due to the money not being all that great and due to the resent terror scare at uk airports was finding that tickets to germany were a massive 600 pounds......

my freind has took a posision at nintendo as a sub contract games tester he is testing hardware and software oviously but has seen some data on wiis specs...

BROADWAY CPU

POWERPC 750CL at 729mhz

full 4x32 bit sims fpu (like a g4/g5)

512k l2 catche

96k l1 catche

cl core with twice as many gamecentric instruction upgrades as the gekko core

copperwire tech

silicon on insulator tech

249mhz front side bus linked to hollywood gpus 249mhz northbridge

the cpu is said to beat a 750gx 1,1ghz in gaming benchmarks

its allso thought broadway can access the edram (1tsram-r) embedded on hollywood as a of chip l3 catche

this is a fine cpu design and balance and is totally dedicated to gaming cpu work no sound or hd processing

please check my post on 5.1 sound thread as it seems some of you dont understand pro logic 2 and 2x im only trying to help address miss informed foke

prov it :horse:

prov it :horse:

ok mate i shall ill supply name and contact phone number of the agency invovled

i know it seems like something a 12 year old dreamer might say on daddys computer but im a life long gamer im 34 and i got the job due to the pay and the resent terror alert in uk invoving liquired in bottles on aircraft it would have cost me 600 pounds each way for final interview and agency would only return up to 150 euros as travil fund

i promise its not made up my freind who was in holland at the time took the job and has kept intouch

niontendo are so insane on leaks they wont let him move he has to live were agency deside your not allowed mobile phones inside nintendo aswell for insiders will cam film phone film the games being tested

i bet you think im some sad 12 year old with no mates making up storys

i promise you im not ill deliver details via email or site private message

You really should test microsoft word once in a while, the spelling and grammar function is a modern day marvel. :wink: