NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Sarka

Drop shopping

Well, I was incredibly bored at the dinner table today as my crazed uncle went on and on about how much money he made in the stock market so I thought it would be nice to go on some crazed money making scheme.

The best I saw was this thing called drop shopping. Basically, you pay £25 to join this thing. They give you a big list of items they sell. You put it on eBay for £x and sell it. You get that money, then tell the drop shopping company who the person you sold the item to is and where they come from. They then send the item.

Seems nice and - looking at some of the items - it seems like it could easily make some cash. The site that seems nicest is http://www.dropshipper.co.uk/ - have a looky if it sounds interesting enough.

Does anyone have any experience with this kinda thing?

you pay £25 to join this thing

I think that tells you all you need to know...

The only real way to make money is to get a job I'm afraid. Or win the lottery or something.

That seems to good to be true, which means it must be.

There must be a catch or something?

I take it they make their money by people signing up and then not buying anything from them?

Edit - Tell your Uncle to watch out, the internets thinks that the bubble is going to break again soon.

I used to look at drop shipping but never went for it. There would be no need for the sign up fee if it worked well for both you and the company, or it could atleast be cheaper. Also most members are probably selling on ebay, so there would be a lot of competition if you were to use their products.

You're better off going to boot sales or looking around cheap shops for stuff that will sell for more on ebay.

That seems to good to be true, which means it must be.

There must be a catch or something?

I take it they make their money by people signing up and then not buying anything from them?

Edit - Tell your Uncle to watch out, the internets thinks that the bubble is going to break again soon.

Oh, don't you worry. He sold all his stock and has like £500,000 festering in the bank...

I used to look at drop shipping but never went for it. There would be no need for the sign up fee if it worked well for both you and the company, or it could atleast be cheaper. Also most members are probably selling on ebay, so there would be a lot of competition if you were to use their products.

You're better off going to boot sales or looking around cheap shops for stuff that will sell for more on ebay.

Well, if there was no sign up fee everyone could just go to the company and get the discounted things. Also, the company is providing a service and I'm sure they aren't that well off - needing to get more money all the time.

And there are no boot sales here! It's awful. Though you are very right about the competition... damn.

Why not just ask your uncle for some of his money? :heh:

Or atleast the £25 start up fee.

Hmm i wouldnt trust it. Just saw a few sample products, what a bunch of crap. But i guess it would come in useful near christmas.

Oh btw, that website looks shit, they could spend some of those joining fees on a decent design...

(Avoid)

Oh btw, that website looks shit, they could spend some of those joining fees on a decent design...

(Avoid)

Yeah, looking at the joining fee's, nobody is gonna go for higher than bronze.

£200 for silver, have your own e-commerce website! You could learn to do it yourself for free!

£300 for gold, the silver package, plus the ability to buy templates! (templates not included in the fee)

That site looks shite. I was going to do this a long time ago, but i couldn't find a good drop supplier

If you want to hand over £25 to a company with a half assed website to try and sell the same tat as everyone else is trying to shift on ebay, it's your money.

Sign in to follow this