N-Europe

Some PC Advice

Haden

Hey guys.

Basically I just wanted some advice. I wondered what I should do. At the moment I have a 3ghz P4

1GB Ram

Radeion 9800 pro

Windows XP

I just tried out the MTW demo and it wasnt as bad as I thought once I scaled it down a bit. But well if I want to play Oblivion I will have to upgrade. But do you guys think I should get a new com for stuff like crysis or just upgrade a bit? Also does Vista and dual cores mean I should hold out for a new com?

Anyway thanks for advice etc!

Computer tech is always moving, fast. So if you were to buy somthing it will be outdated quickly. To be simple, you're going need a better graphics card and more RAM if you want to get the best out of future games (and oblivion if thats what you want to do), a new CPU wont hurt either. There are lots of good offers about atm, http://www.gladiatorcomputers.com/ has some good deals. However if you realy want good advice we are going to need to know your budget if you were to upgrade/buy a whole new rig.

Thanks for the advice, PC rigs seem to be at a transitional phase atm? I am not really sure what Im gonna do. 600 would probably be my budget sans monitor and accesories obviously. I should be ok for now as long as I can play MTW man I love the demo so much :yay:

No, he said the number of transistors would double. It's Moore's Law.

Praise Moore's Law for being totally freaking wrong :D

We're hitting the roof in terms of single core processors. Hense they had to make CPU's with dual and quad cores.