N-Europe

HDtv + Wii

triforce_keeper

Hey!

I hope you peoples can shed some light on this. I'm thinking of getting this from my dad for x-mas http://www.beyondtelevision.co.uk/thisProduct.asp?ID=695

I wondered if it's decent and would be good for my Wii and tv etc.

Also would the Wii be stretched on it? If you have to buy a cable for it not to what cable? And any other info about it would be very helpful :D (As I have no idea about tv's :o

Anything would look good on that :grin: it an awesome telly!

I'm assuming the Wii will be the same as the Cube in that Widescreen games will be displayed on the whole thing & standard games will fill up the centre leaving a black space on either side.

It should come with the cables but getting a scart adapter to fit over the leads from your Wii might give you a better picture.

Can your Dad get me one aswell? :heh:

Anything would look good on that :grin: it an awesome telly!

I'm assuming the Wii will be the same as the Cube in that Widescreen games will be displayed on the whole thing & standard games will fill up the centre leaving a black space on either side.

It should come with the cables but getting a scart adapter to fit over the leads from your Wii might give you a better picture.

Can your Dad get me one aswell? :heh:

Phew! Thanks for that. I thought someone said Wii was in between SD and HD.

And whats progressive scan?

All you need is a component cable to get 480p (progressive scan) out of it, which apparently is coming standard with the Wii. You won't get a high definition picture from it, the Wii isn't supporting that. 480p, without going into too much detail, means you'll get a visibly cleaner and slightly sharper image than 480i though, which is what PAL Gamecubes use.

Short answer: as long as you have a component cable you'll get the best out of it.

All you need is a component cable to get 480p (progressive scan) out of it, which apparently is coming standard with the Wii. You won't get a high definition picture from it, the Wii isn't supporting that. 480p, without going into too much detail, means you'll get a visibly cleaner and slightly sharper image than 480i though, which is what PAL Gamecubes use.

Short answer: as long as you have a component cable you'll get the best out of it.

Yup I kn ew Wii wasn't supporting HD. Thanks for answering it for me :D

Looks like I'm all set then :D

Sorry to tag onto your thread, but I was also thinking about getting this tv but the 32" one untill I started looking around and found another TV I quite like. The one I was looking at is a Sagem one and it all seems good but I have now idea what DLP means which this tv apparently has. Anyone who knows what it means and can tell me wins a lollipop the size of a childs skull*...(anyone seen those in BHS?? they are huge!)

*You will not really recieve a lollipop, just gratitude. :)

Sorry to tag onto your thread, but I was also thinking about getting this tv but the 32" one untill I started looking around and found another TV I quite like. The one I was looking at is a Sagem one and it all seems good but I have now idea what DLP means which this tv apparently has. Anyone who knows what it means and can tell me wins a lollipop the size of a childs skull*...(anyone seen those in BHS?? they are huge!)

*You will not really recieve a lollipop, just gratitude. :)

Hey no problem :) Saves creating another thread eh? :)

Oh and I have no idea :heh: