NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Caris

Someone answer this question please.

Software != Hardware

What you were saying (or at least what I read) was that the wii uses software to interperate the calls on the hardware. This is false as the wii hardware runs gamecube code without the need for emulation software.

What I heard was that when a Gamecube disc is inserted, the CPU and GPU speeds drop to the exact figures the Gamecube's hardware ran at...and that's pretty much it, that's how GC compatibility is handled.

Software != Hardware

What you were saying (or at least what I read) was that the wii uses software to interperate the calls on the hardware. This is false as the wii hardware runs gamecube code without the need for emulation software.

And I had already said that might have been a mis-quote ...in the very same post you quoted. :indeed:

Since we're getting differing accounts of how the Wii handles Gamecube games from people contributing to this thread I think it's safe to assume that none of us knows for sure.

I'm just happy the Wii has backwards compatability, and that it looks like it's going to be much better than that found on other consoles I could mention. *looks disapprovingly at Xbox 360* :nono:

Sign in to follow this