N-Europe

Cable Connections

Calza

I can't aford a HD-TV but was thinking I could use my monitor. I don't know much about the connections needed so can anybody help me?

This shows all the connections at the back of my monitor.

monitorcopypr0.jpg

I'm not sure how I would connect a 360 to it. I would just buy a S-video cable for the 360 but would the D-Sub (VGA?) give me a better picture? Also is the video and audio plugs composite or component?

Thanks

I used VGA on my monitor for a while. Used VGA through to the monitor and then a jack that comes with the official cable to an audio in on the pc, using tha amzing speakers.

You could use the audio sockets or use the jack to the audio in.

On my new HDTV it has a D-Sub but no VGA i had to use a male/female converter that also comes with the official cable, and connect it to an RGB converter cable. Bare in mind I hardly know anything so i could be wrong with technical babble.

The only problem about the VGA cable is my pc is plugged into that at the moment so is there a adapter which allows you to switch between two inputs?

Yeah, a KVM switch, not sure how much they cost. But I've had a look for them before and they were quite a lot (£30 or so) I think and yu need to buy wires on top of that...

Yeah, a KVM switch, not sure how much they cost. But I've had a look for them before and they were quite a lot (£30 or so) I think and yu need to buy wires on top of that...

Amazon have 2 belkin models. USB and PS/2, since its just the VGA bit would it make any difference if I went for the PS/2? as it's cheaper.

Also would I be able to plug a 360 in with the cables that it comes with? Or do I need to buy cables straight away?