NEurope
danielrostron

Widescreen Wii???

I ask this as im presuming the Wii can be bought with a VGA cable to be run through your own monitor etc, but what i am curious about is if the Wii does actually support widescreen resolutions as i was going to buy the Wii and hook it up to my 19inch widescreen monitor i use with my computer, but was unsure about this as i didnt know if the Wii could output to a widescreen res (native res on my screen is 1440x900).

Does anyone know any info on this?

Thanks

Daniel.

I ask this as im presuming the Wii can be bought with a VGA cable to be run through your own monitor etc

At the moment that seems to be the wrong thing to presume.

Wii outputs true widescreen 16:9 @ 853x480 with progressive scan.

As for linking it to a PC monitor... there "might" be oficial cables enabling it (as hinted by Nintendo, a long, long time ago)... or not.

Even if that's the case, there could be a third party cable offering, mods to existing composite cables, or... VGA boxes.

Other feasible methods are a PC Tv-card through RF cable (if wii has one, that is) or S-video in a VIVO (video-in/Video-out) Graphics card

Widescreen PC monitors display at a ratio of 16:10 rather than 16:9 so there will be some stretching. Probably won't be too noticable though.

but hes right to check native resolutions for LCD or otherwise it will look crap.

Other feasible methods are a PC Tv-card through RF cable (if wii has one, that is) or S-video in a VIVO (video-in/Video-out) Graphics card

You'r so cruel to point an RF solution...:heh:

Now seriously daniel, stay away from any RF solution. Use it just if everything else fails.

If it cant work with my LCD, i'll just have to take my tv to uni.

I'll find out come november anyway, sure some USA dood will try to work it with a widescreen lcd.