N-Europe

PC Startup Problems

EEVILMURRAY

I'm on my laptop once more as my PC [The Powerhouse that is meant to be Shabba X] rapes me with problems.

Since replacing the hard drive I've not been plagued with the problems I once had constantly formatting. But now I'm in my second year of university and I've been struck again.

I've just moved into our new house and the PC won't start up. Press the power button and the fans kick in, you see the lights come on. Three seconds later it just shuts down. Nothing. I'm not sure if one of the components is fucking about/is fucked and needs replacing or anything...

Help!

Thia happened to me as well, think it was the mothorboard, although I'm not entirely sure (I've ereplaced so much shit in my computer recently that I forget when I changed what)!

I may have changed the PSU at the same time, so I'd hazard a guess and one of they!

Got a new motherboard, same problem [so going to try for a refund] fiddled about with the Ram and it stayed on longer than normal, but long beeps at timed intervals. No response from the monitor.

We've tried it with a different stick of ram but it either beeps or just shuts down like before.