NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Zechs Merquise

Greatest Gamecube Moments

My favourite Gamecube memories are...

1. Completing TOS for the first time.

2. Resident Evil 4 (The whole game is awesome)

3. Zelda

4. Metroid Prime (I liked the Ridley boss fight)

5. Zelda TP?

Great thread!

Too many to remember, but here goes.

Wind Waker - Ancient Hero into, it gave me a chill in my spine and started building up that epic feeling within me of excitement. ...and DRAGON ROOST ISLAND! That place is wonderful.

Skies of Arcadia - The whole thing. The part where Vyse is deserted on his own on Crescent Isle...dreamy. It was just EPIC EPIC EPIC.

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door - The time in glitz pit when you keep getting the secret emails from 'x', it was all so mysterious and I was so keen to find out. Also the detective scene on the train, that is truly original and one of my favourite game parts ever. The art style of Boggly Woods is so class it made me feel all dreamy too.

Baten Kaitos - When you meet Mizuti and go to...Mira(I think thats what it was called) on the ship and theres all the strange colours and that odd music.

Tales of Symphonia - I remember it was November/Decemberish time at school and really dark and dull and every day I'd look forward to coming home in the evening and snuggling up to play Tales of Symphonia. I connected with Symphonia, I really did.

Super Mario Sunshine. The "oldschool" platform levels. Perhaps the best platform action this generation.

QFT. This was truly magic.

Im trying to cast my mind through all the games I have so I wont miss anything worth mentioning... here goes!

Luigi's Mansion. Got it with the Cube and it was a wonderful game, taught me how to use dual analogue sticks, how to work the analogue shoulder buttons and was a great intro to what the Cube would have to offer. So short a game but so fun!

Rogue Squadron. I dont have this but my friend does. He got it with his Cube and we did a swap for a while of this for Luigi's Mansion. The graphics were so great (still are) but to be playing something like this so soon after N64 was almost to much for my eyes to handle.

Smash Bros. The intro, the one player adventure... looking at trophies! The music in this really stands out aswell.

Eternal Darkness. Moody, mysterious, interesting... it fooled me into turning off the Cube when ye olde blue screen o death came up. Insane.

These are just me first few memories, Ive a good few more but theyve mostly been covered already.

SSMB - The hours of gameplay and how every game feel like it is your 1st, frantic.

Resi 4 - *Generic Resi 4 praise*

Pikmin - first game I got, spent countless hours on the game...I never completed it....I miss that game.

SSBM - Playing through it was absolutely great, then the countless hours of mulitplayer with my bro.

I liked Mario Sunshine aswell. No-one can say that the level with that electric (Bad example however all i can think of-thing that stung australian steve), the sunset on that level was amazing.

Harvest moon - booting that up the first time I nearly cried. How long had I waited for a Cube Harvest moon....too long.

Just today bought F-zero. Got countless hours of that waiting ahead of me.

Sign in to follow this