NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Dan_Dare

Are you experienced?

Wasn't Cliff Burton a Bass player?

Yep, for Metallica. Still better than Hendrix apparently.

This is amusing. Members of Rhapsody- one of the worst bands ever- are in that list. Once again Bard misses the entire point and goes for the technical side of life....

I'm afraid to say you really have no idea what your talking about. If you knew anything then you would know Vai is considered the greatest guitarist in the world, not kerry king or that bloody fool buckethead from the new shitty guns n' roses, or Mark Tremonti of Creed/Alter Bridge.

I really don't give a shit what he's "considered," because unlike you, I can have preferences outside what I'm supposed to think.

You didn't list hundreds. I am not satisfied.

I don't care.

Wasn't Cliff Burton a Bass player?

Yes he was, but that doesn't mean that he couldn't play anything else now does it. Just listen to the recordings of him on piano or guitar, and you'll see that he's one of the greatest musicians to grace gods black earth.

I'm not saying hendrix was shit, he wasn't, I'm just saying there's a hell of a lot of guitarists that are both musically and technically better than he ever was.

Kurt Cobain was a shit guitarist, but that doesnt stop me from appreciating some of his music, Hendrix was a great player and songwriter, enough said, I don't even know what were arguing about.

I bet Hendrix is turning in his grave right now, if he could hear some of these comments!;)

The fact is, I like Hendrix, You like Hendrix, We all like Hendrix.

That's all that matters.

I really don't give a shit what he's "considered," because unlike you, I can have preferences outside what I'm supposed to think.

Guys don't bother posting anything else in this argument, after all we all know that The Bard's opinion is the end of every matter and that he's never wrong. In fact he's correct so often that everyones elses opinion has been made invalid and is not worthy of gracing these forums, let alone each individuals minds...

[/sARCASM]

I will continue this arguement because, A its fun and B he has no fucking clue what he is talking about. This is nothing to with who your preferences are, it's down to fucking technique, pure and simple. You seem to be comparing Hendrix to someone like Keith Richards, ie someone that had a better sense of rythmn than technique, which is bullshit because Hendrix had one of the greatest technique there was, years before any of those other jack offs you listed.

Yeah, he did, I agree with you, Hendrix was great because he was original, and fucking fast for his time too, he wrote some amazingly timeless blues tunes, and will forever be remebered for what he did. All I'm saying is that Technically he has been surpassed by many, from Zakk Wylde to Alexi Laiho, I prefer Stevie Ray Vaughans playing too, thats all I'm saying. They are technically superior, hell, even I can play most of Hendrix's songs and solos, but that doesn't detract from their amazingness in any way.

Sign in to follow this