NEurope
marcel

Japanese press event on the 14th of september

the latest ONM magazine has a competition to win a Wii, with the guarantee of having it delivered on launch day... closing date for the compo is 6th november...

Which means they kind of know it'll launch after 6th November...

*sigh* I was hoping for a late October European launch.:(

Which means they kind of know it'll launch after 6th November...

*sigh* I was hoping for a late October European launch.:(

Yeah but at least if the launch is in November you have more time to save for more Wii games etc....Thats probably the only good thing I can think to say about it...

someone asked in the letters section if it'll launch on 24th november, and they said a very firm "no". i think they know, but obvioulsy with NDA's they can't say but they need to know so that ninty can have the right coverage in their official magazine.

so, my guess is 10th november, gives them a few days to let winners know and organise, and also a week's head start on ps3.

so, my guess is 10th november, gives them a few days to let winners know and organise, and also a week's head start on ps3.

I too think the 10th of November is launch day.... on a side note, i keep getting kids coming into my shop and asking when the ps3 is out, it really gets on my nerves! how can kids or even parents afford a ps3?? it's madness if it sells out (which it will grrr)

I too think the 10th of November is launch day.... on a side note, i keep getting kids coming into my shop and asking when the ps3 is out, it really gets on my nerves! how can kids or even parents afford a ps3?? it's madness if it sells out (which it will grrr)

it'll sell out coz sony has already said to retailers that the only ps3's available at launch will be those that have already had a deposit put down on them, no more shall be available. they'll try to spin that ofcourse like microsoft did.

annoys me too when kids and parents come in and they have NO idea about it but because it's sony it must "be rockin'!" to quote one kid last week!

put it another way, a few weeks ago this 20-something year old guy came in to preorder the ps3. he was told how much it'd be and how much it was to pay a deposit when the time comes, he then put his name down on the "interest" sheet, and only THEN asked "So is it any better than the PS2?" jeez!!!

but hey, have faith. anyone that has had the Wii explained to them, or have seen videos of people using it are hyped about it, so keep the Wii-side up my friend :D

but hey, have faith. anyone that has had the Wii explained to them, or have seen videos of people using it are hyped about it, so keep the Wii-side up my friend :D

That's really anoying. That's why nintendo needs a really strong advertising campaign. But those exagerated movements nintendo put in movies will not help.

Has anybody noticed that the Japanese and American press events just so happen to fall exactly 1-year after the unveiling of the controller?

We should've expected it all along! They're going back in time!