NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Bren

confused : Which laptop?

Well i have 500 quid to spend on a laptop. I need one that has wireless card already in and maybe, i knopw its pushing it a bit, could run CSS or CS or WOW? But its really only for surfing and chatting.

Cheers :)

haha i posted something similar to this in old forum, i ended up buyin a dell 2200 as it was on sale and it came to £507 as i upgraded the disk drive.

It hasnt arrived yet but im not sure it will be able to play CSS, i hope it can.

If you want it to play CSS you will need AT LEAST a 1.8ghz cpu, 512mb RAM (1gb would be much better) and decent graphics card.

Oh and try and make sure the response time of the screen is under 20ms or you will get "ghosting" when you make fast movements in game.

Well, if you can afford a bit more (£620) get thre Acer Aspire 3023WLMi from http://www.acernotebooks.co.uk

Runs Half-Life 2 (with medium textures/models) extremely well...havent played CS:S yet, even though its installed.

haha i posted something similar to this in old forum, i ended up buyin a dell 2200 as it was on sale and it came to £507 as i upgraded the disk drive.

It hasnt arrived yet but im not sure it will be able to play CSS, i hope it can.

which gpu does it have?

hmm, dunno if i can stretch that far,

thanks for ya comments but links etc wud be a lot more helpful, as im clueless on specs and stuff

Pity you cant go for a desktop PC, you can get much more bang for buck than a laptop.

Best lappy i could find is this one .No idea how wll the intel 852gm integrated graphics would cope though.

Hmm, i could possibly stretch to 600 quid.

So if anyone could reccomend? and running World of warcraft with basic graphics, wud that be possible?

Thank you for this thread, because I need a laptop for uni, but thething is, I can't afford a laptop and a "normal" pc, so I need one that stands between portability and power.

Sign in to follow this