N-Europe

Vista Pre-RC1 Download (Be quick!!)

KKOB

Microsoft has released pre-release copies of Vista.

only 100,000 are available and as soon as that quota is reached, the link is gone

Link:http://download.windowsvista.com/preview/prerc1/en/download.html

Get one quick.

-copied from bish on Darkzero!!!

I hate Macs-the only good thing is that they're shiney and hardly any viruses etc for them (prob cos only 8% of people have one or somat)
That is until you learn how to use the OS correctly... then you don't want to use windows, ever again.

Truth is... you don't (or shouldn't) buy a mac because of it's design or hardware.

Pros use it, so there should be a reason... like stability, hardware lifespan and productivity... they at least buy Mac because of MacOS.

When I'm home I really feel like "were are my macOS capabilities? This system is crap" sure, it works, but I'm moving over as soon as I can.

Windows has been copying MacOS for years.. with good reason, the thing is, if you never played with a computer before and try Windows and MacOS on the first day? you'll fall righ over MacOS, it's stable, idiot proof, quick and easy.

On the other hand if you're a windows "advanced user" you won't feel at home there will be features missing (others renamed) but that's true for both sides, I for one... can't really stand windows 24/7 anymore.

I'm on a mac right now ;)

I've been running pre-RC1 for the past couple of days. So I don't know if there's a point in me downloading this RC1 and installing it. :hmm:

Does anyone know if there is any changes made [between the two]?

Im in Greece now so I can't download it :(

And when is Vista coming out in shops?

At the beginning of next year.