N-Europe

Merging partitions

Blackfox

• 2 weeks later...

If you can't do it with partition magic then it's probably because you don't have enough space free on both partitions (just as a guess).

If none of this works then I suggest moving all your shit to another (physical) drive, deleting both partitions on the old drive and reinstalling windows and copying your data back ^^

Seriously though, fucking with partitions is something you should do before you have data on them.

If you can't do it with partition magic then it's probably because you don't have enough space free on both partitions (just as a guess).

If none of this works then I suggest moving all your shit to another (physical) drive, deleting both partitions on the old drive and reinstalling windows and copying your data back ^^

Seriously though, fucking with partitions is something you should do before you have data on them.

Ah cheers for that. Probably wont bother, i just stick all my large stuff (films and the like) on the barely-used partition, and back up my important data there too. Thanksfor the knowledge anywho.

What really annoys me with Windows XP, is that a new installation of it cannot read drives of more than 130GB. So only once SP2 is installed will the rest of the Hard Drive be accessible.

At the moment I've just left it as two partitions, with C:/ holding all installations (programs, game install's, etc) while the other partition has all my downloads and media.

What really annoys me with Windows XP, is that a new installation of it cannot read drives of more than 130GB. So only once SP2 is installed will the rest of the Hard Drive be accessible.

At the moment I've just left it as two partitions, with C:/ holding all installations (programs, game install's, etc) while the other partition has all my downloads and media.

XP without any service packs is a 5 year old operating system, with underpinnings of much older operating systems. Get a new disc from illegimate sources or create your own legal slipstreamed disc. There are tutorials on doing the second.

XP without any service packs is a 5 year old operating system, with underpinnings of much older operating systems. Get a new disc from illegimate sources or create your own legal slipstreamed disc. There are tutorials on doing the second.

Brilliant. I'll look into it, as it's always frustrating seeing the C:/, then the rest of the Hard drive being the E:/.

Although if it's too much of a hassle, I'll prob not bother. Cheers.

(and haven't seen you round here for ages Piro, good to see you're still here) :smile:

It can be a bit confusing to make a slipstreamed disc at first, but there are some step by step tutorials out there if you google it.

Hey yeah, I'm not around much on here, I mostly kick back on the somethingawful.com forums, although I am in the #cube-europe IRC channel pretty much all of the time, if anyone wants to drop by.