NEurope
CVD

MacMini

Can anyone explain the Mac Mini upgrades? I'm tempted again...
Core Solo is no more. basically.

only dual core now.

Bought one last night on the Apple store, should be here on Wednesday.

w00t!

Which version did you get?

One more thing...

Download Growl. It's the best notifier program ever. It will popup in the corner when yo uget a new email, or when someone signs onto MSN, or someone sends you a message and loads of other things.

Core Solo was a stupid move, I doubt it sold more than a few thousand units.

I got offered that Growl thing the other day but said no because it looked too much like a Windows XP install this then regret it jobby.

Seems a bit novel to go fiddling around with tbh.

Core Solo was a stupid move, I doubt it sold more than a few thousand units.

I got offered that Growl thing the other day but said no because it looked too much like a Windows XP install this then regret it jobby.

Seems a bit novel to go fiddling around with tbh.

not a stupid move if they had it for a significantly cheaper price, hell, I'd even prefer a macmini sold without CPU.

We can buy and drop in any intel portable cpu afterwards... core duo and core 2 duo. MacMini array of choices is... hmmm... limited, a 1,83 GHz core duo maximum is weak next to a core 2 duo at 2,33 GHz.

Sorry to bump, but it's nicer than making a whole new thread! *gasp*

I have had my eyes on a MacBook for a good long time now - however, it will take forever to save up for one and my family have decided to get a 32" HDTV that can hook up to computers, so I thought it would be cool to get a MacMini and a wireless keyboard / mouse.

So, basically it's going to be used for:

A) Displaying pictures/videos for visitors to come and watch in the background.

B) Browsing the internet, YouTube will be as fancy as it gets I suspect.

C) Editing videos.

Now, I assume it will do A and B with no trouble at all, but it may streth it a touch for video editing. I'll be getting Final Cut Express, I just wanted to know if it'll have stuttery playback if I'm overlaying (or whatever it's called) videos, having 3 going at once?

I would like to get the cheapest one, if there's no problems with what I mentioned above. But, if there are - what do I get to improve it? More RAM? 1.83GHz?

All help is appreciated!

Im looking at MacBooks and they seem pretty expensive... whats the advantage of getting one when nowadays I could get a decent laptop at a good sub £1000 price. Or am I just not looking in the right place...?

Im looking at MacBooks and they seem pretty expensive... whats the advantage of getting one when nowadays I could get a decent laptop at a good sub £1000 price. Or am I just not looking in the right place...?
You can get a entry level macbook for 750£ here, and they're decent CPU-wise and all (shame no core 2 duo version yet).

Currently I wouldn't consider neither a desktop PC nor a laptop that isn't Apple, but that's just me.

get a mac mini

(any kind of mac is good)

or just replace your lap top with a mac book and for your windows stuff use "boot camp"

or just get a 30 gig ipod and put your music on that

or just get an external hard disk

or burn all your music to cd or dvd