Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Stargate TV Shows

somme

Im still hoping Shanks will play Daniel Jackson in 24 aswell, maybe we'll then see Jack Bauer using a zat and capturing an Ori ship to use against terrorists! :p

You know what? I hate it that TV programs never really give people what they want! It would be unbefuckingleavable if that actually happened, I'd be totally satisfied. Well, lets hope Shanks can raise the tone a little, 24 has been pretty crap, at least the episodes I've seen this season have.

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard tonights finale is set in the future with SG1 just sitting around reminiscing. Sounds pretty crap to me, I have a feeling it's going to be as much of a let down as the Enterprise finale.

I'll have to wait until the weekend to see it anyway, I've had to miss last weeks episode too, thanks to Skys bad business practices, but fortunately a friend with Sky is whacking them both, along with the last two Atlantises on a tape for me.

The stupidest part of that finale for me was the poor ending for Trip. It really made no sense that he would go out the way he did considering how many times the ship has been boarded previously.

*Sniff* Well its over.

Personally I thought it was a good episode but not as good as it should have been for a season finale. SG1 has produced some great season finales over the years that I expected a bit more.

Still, this one did have some really nice moments in it.

It was an alright finale, but felt more like a season finale rather than a series finale, but i guess that's how it was orginally planned afterall.

Was a bit shocking what happened to the Asgard, when the epsiode started i thought it would end with Sam finding a way to save them.

And I can't believe they had the nerve to reference the "The Fifth Race" episode, in the last episode, it's like just reminding us that we have still never seen the Furlings (unless there's some magical episode i missed somewhere).

Well at least we still have the movies to look forward too, lets hope their as good as they deserve to be and pull off some memorable moments

I thought it was brilliant that they mentioned the Fifth Race, its something people have been waiting for and shows how far Earth has come in the show.

Yes! Exactly, I thought that was brilliant, I was ridiculously proud :D...hard to remember that it's just TV sometimes...Also,

Daniel and Vala finally hooking up was a surprise...especially after the lecture Daniel gives her...man that was harsh...

[spoiler=That rant did seem to go too far, im glad they showed that it was just because he didnt think she was being serious otherwise it would have been poorly written.

I really wish O'Neill had been in it though, especially so he could have said goodbye to Thor.]

Definately got to buy the season 9 boxset on thur now, really in the mood for it.

Damn it my spoilers dont seem to be appearing!

I really enjoyed the finalé.

Basically they carried out their standing orders. They aquired powerful technology to aid in the defence of the planet. It was quite a nice "Full Circle" for me really.

And remember the third spin off should be out next year.

Yeah, it wasn't as special as I wanted it to be, it would have been nice for a double episode finale with some reappearences from Hammond, O' Neill and Jonas, but I suppose that was hoping for a bit much. It was certainly different, and for what it was, it was pretty good, I just think it could have been that little bit more memorable. It wasn't a series defining episode, like a lot of the eps around seasons 2, 3 qand 4 were.

Yeah, it wasn't as special as I wanted it to be, it would have been nice for a double episode finale with some reappearences from Hammond, O' Neill and Jonas, but I suppose that was hoping for a bit much. It was certainly different, and for what it was, it was pretty good, I just think it could have been that little bit more memorable. It wasn't a series defining episode, like a lot of the eps around seasons 2, 3 qand 4 were.

Jonas Quinn, in the finale? Don't think the placeholder deserves it really.

They should have taken the Ba'al/Adria episode, thrown the Asgard in there, they already had the Tok Ra,they could even have Hammond commanding the ship, made it a 90 minute episode and kept the last minute they used in their finale and that would have been infinitely better than watching them sitting around growing old.

Anderson confirmed for Continuum

Richard Dean Anderson will appear in the upcoming movie Stargate: Continuum, Playback Daily is reporting and executive producer Brad Wright confirmed to GateWorld.

Anderson, who played Jack O'Neill on Stargate SG-1 for eight years before entering semi-retirement, will travel with an 18-person crew to the U.S. Navy's Applied Physics Laboratory Ice Station in the Arctic next week to film scenes for the direct-to-DVD movie (story).

Production resumes in Vancouver on May 22, following shooting for SG-1's first movie, The Ark of Truth.

Written by Wright and directed by Martin Wood, Stargate: Continuum is a stand-alone time travel story that continues the adventures of SG-1 beyond the show's tenth season. The movie is expected to hit DVD shelves in North America this fall.

The SCI FI Channel in the U.S. will air the final 10 episodes of Season Ten -- including a guest appearance by Anderson in "The Shroud" -- starting Friday, April 13!

Taken From Gateworld