NEurope
Mr. Bananagrabber

Wii to be under £100?

i remember payign £180 for my cube, with an extra controller and pikmin from currys a couple of years ago, so if they do the same kinds of deals like that again but maybe more games, then im happy with that. I think, i havnt actually payed that off to my mum yet, i payed £90 of it and loaned the rest of my parents, i havnt payed them back...

yeh but was that at launch? the cube on it's own for me when i bought it (christmas the year of release) was £139.99 i believe. we could very well see Wii selling for the same amount or a little bit more.

if its 200 euro or less im happy.

QFT. I want to pay less or the same i payed for my gamecube.

i don't mind paying a bit more, it is a new machine after all, with a bold new direction. more than happy with £150, or £175 with a game maybe.

At launch, the GC was £129.99; it was meant to be £179.99, but they dropped the launch price about 4 weeks before the release. Probably down to the Xbox failing to sell well at it's £299.99 launch price, which was cut by £100 after 6 weeks on sale.

Me too especially we keep being told the Wii will be eaiser and cheaper to develop for.

hasn't that been confirmed by the likes of EA already, who aren't raising their game prices for Wii?

yeh but was that at launch? the cube on it's own for me when i bought it (christmas the year of release) was £139.99 i believe. we could very well see Wii selling for the same amount or a little bit more.

actually i didnt get my cube for a couple of months till after launch, it was quite a long time.

If i see the wii above £200 then i will be dissapointed, probably very, but i will still get it.

If the Wii launches at 250 euros I might wait a while for a good deal, with a pack in game or so. 250 euros for just the console and a Wiimote is a ripoff.

actually i didnt get my cube for a couple of months till after launch, it was quite a long time.

If i see the wii above £200 then i will be dissapointed, probably very, but i will still get it.

i guess with a game and extra controller that's an great price then. if it was the same for Wii with that kinda bundled would be fine :)

It says less than 25000 yen ($215) in Japan. The only thing confirmed is the lower than 250 euros thing. I wonder why Reuters changed the title without changing the article.