N-Europe

Comp freezing for no apparent reason

Pancake

I know all computers do this but i only bought mine about 4 months ago and up until the last week it has very rarely frozen or had any problems running. But recently it has frozen quite often, especially during startup. Whenever it has frozen it's not because i've had a lot of programs running (that shouldn't be a problem anyway because it's a good PC), and it hasn't shown any signs of struggling to cope, it just freezes for no reason.

I've ran disk defrag and error check. Is there any other checks i can run or anything else i can do myself?

Like i said, it's a new computer so this is quite annoying. I don't think it's a faulty model, it's been running fine up until now.

It could be getting too hot for some random ass reason, or maybe you have some faulty hardware.. you can try running memtest to check all your RAM..

http://www.memtest86.com/ (Download the bootable ISO and burn the image onto a disc, boot from it... but if it does show any errors, that's likely the RAM shot somewhere along the line, and you'd have to take it back to whoever you bought it from to get it checked anyway, assuming it's under warranty).

Although first they'll just tell you to reinstall Windows, without a doubt.