NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
CoolFunkMan

Trivium - The Crusade, October 10th

TRIV_CRUSADE-COVER-lores.jpg

THE CRUSADE BEGINS HERE...

On October 10th, Trivium will release their monumental third album The Crusade. The follow up to Ascendancy, their Roadrunner Records debut album (and Kerrang's Album of The Year 2005), The Crusade captures a band on a mission, reflecting their rise from virtual unknown to headliner of the biggest rock festival in the world (Download, UK) in a mere two years. Trivium who has played a staggering 350 shows in that time, is currently a co-headliner on this summer's Sounds of the Underground Tour and will announce a fall US headlining tour shortly. This winter the band will tour the world as direct and sole support to Iron Maiden.

Recorded at Audiohammer Studios in Sanford, FL, just outside of Orlando, The Crusade picks up where Ascendancy left off. Once again produced by Trivium and Jason Suecof, the album is a dazzling explosion of tight, intricate and instantly memorable songs that feature awe-inspiring musicianship from all four members of the band. Says lead singer Matt Heafy, "As a band, you can either release the same album again, keeping the same number of people interested and not really branch out, or you can evolve. I feel that The Crusade is the next logical step in our evolution. We took one big step between the first two albums, but this time we've taken about ten huge leaps forward." For the first time, other members of the group besides Heafy contributed songs to the album. Guitarist Corey Beaulieu wrote the music to "Unrepentant" and "Tread The Floods," while bassist Paolo Gregoletto wrote the music to "The Rising" and "To The Rats" and co-wrote "Anthem (We are the Fire)" with Heafy.

The Crusade will contain 13 songs including "Detonation," which is available for an exclusive download HERE, "And Sadness Will Sear," the initial focus track "Entrance of the Conflagration" and the 9 minute instrumental epic "The Crusade."

Since the March 2005 release of Ascendancy, the band has received awards and accolades from some of the biggest critics in the rock genre. The New York Times, Stuff, Revolver, Decibel, Guitar World (where Heafy and Beaulieu now have a guitar column and the record was just named one of the best thrash albums of all time) and Guitar One, all the way to Kerrang Magazine all have sung the praises of these four men barely into their twenties. Additionally, the band was named Best International Newcomer at last years Kerrang Awards, has won several Metal Hammer Magazine Golden God Awards and was crowned Yahoo.com's Artist of the month for December 2005. This past June they performed in front of 80,000 fans as one of the headliners (with Metallica and Korn) of the Download Festival. To date Ascendancy has sold 140,000 units in the Unites States and continues to sell over 1600 a week. Trivium is Matthew K. Heafy (Vocals/Guitar), Corey Beaulieu (Guitar), Paolo Gregoletto (Bass) and Travis Smith (Drums).

Track listing for The Crusade:

"Ignition"

"Detonation"

"Entrance of the Conflagration"

"Unrepentant"

"Anthem (We are the Fire)"

"And Sadness Will Sear"

"Becoming the Dragon"

"To The Rats

"This World Can't Tear Us Apart"

"Tread the Floods"

"Contempt Breeds Contamination"

"The Rising"

"The Crusade"

Download Detonation here: http://www.myspace.com/trivium

I personaly can't wait for this album! Trivium's Ascendancy was amazing imo and this is looking brilliant so far, I'm really looking forward to hearing the title track! Matt Heafy's new vocal style works well, too bad the screaming's gone though.

Ill probably get this album, ive got their other two albums and i used to think they were great, until my music sense toned down ALOT. I personally hate "Detonation" and probably for my sake alone i hope they cut out allot of the screaming. I want around 3 or 4 hardcore screaming songs but his voice is just too good to go to waste.

I hope their songs actually sound different also, Unlike the ember to inferno, and parts of ascendancy. Thats where metal fails imo, in the category of individuality between songs, i mean i still hear the same kind of riff in any heavy song, it gets boring.

They are fu**ing sweet live however, ive been to see them twice.

Ill probably get this album, ive got their other two albums and i used to think they were great, until my music sense toned down ALOT. I personally hate "Detonation" and probably for my sake alone i hope they cut out allot of the screaming. I want around 3 or 4 hardcore screaming songs but his voice is just too good to go to waste.

I hope their songs actually sound different also, Unlike the ember to inferno, and parts of ascendancy. Thats where metal fails imo, in the category of individuality between songs, i mean i still hear the same kind of riff in any heavy song, it gets boring.

They are fu**ing sweet live however, ive been to see them twice.

True, his voice is quite brilliant when he doesn't scream. Methinks I won't be too dissapointed if there isn't that much screaming on this album. I think Heafy actually said that he didn't want to scream as much anymore, because he knew it'd screw up his vocal chords in the future. Fair point tbh, the same has happened to many other bands. He's deffinately made a good move there.

Triv are deffo awesome live! I saw them at Birmingham Academy in March and it was a bloody brilliant gig!

True, his voice is quite brilliant when he doesn't scream. Methinks I won't be too dissapointed if there isn't that much screaming on this album. I think Heafy actually said that he didn't want to scream as much anymore, because he knew it'd screw up his vocal chords in the future. Fair point tbh, the same has happened to many other bands. He's deffinately made a good move there.

Triv are deffo awesome live! I saw them at Birmingham Academy in March and it was a bloody brilliant gig!

If that's true then all their problems are solved! The only thing I didnt like about Trivium was the screaming, plus I also thought he had a good voice when singing normaly. Definetly get this album and I hope they arent boo'd at the Maiden gig, they should be respected as a fellow metal group, that's why Iron Maiden chose them to play alongside them.

Listened to 'Detonation' , would have to say average at best.

On another forum I visit , a regular described this track 'as a blatant rip-off of Master of Puppets era Metallica' and I personally couldn't agree more with those sentiments.

It will , however, be interesting to see what the rest of album may offer.

more shitty bands in the charts...

I second that my good man

I actually like them, quite a lot, seeing as I got in on them before they released their second album and the hype machine kicked in, and that these days is a pretty suicidal thing to say on a metal forum, but yeah, It's kinda become the cool thing among metalheads to hate popular bands/ bands that get any kind of recognition in Kerrang/ Metal Hammer etc. Detonation was certainly a very odd song, I don't like the opening riff to be honest, but the rest was quite good. The solo was rippin, it's been a long time since I've heard an american band shred like that.

The thing is though, Heafy is no Hetfield, his voice just lacks that undistorted aggression that you see in hetfield in sonds like Harvester, Blackened or Battery, but it's at least an interesting choice, and I suppose I like it better than the screaming.

As for Corey, he is quite honestly one of the most talented young guitarists I've ever come across, and I hope it shows in this album. I wish them luck.

I actually like them, quite a lot, seeing as I got in on them before they released their second album and the hype machine kicked in, and that these days is a pretty suicidal thing to say on a metal forum, but yeah, It's kinda become the cool thing among metalheads to hate popular bands/ bands that get any kind of recognition in Kerrang/ Metal Hammer etc. Detonation was certainly a very odd song, I don't like the opening riff to be honest, but the rest was quite good. The solo was rippin, it's been a long time since I've heard an american band shred like that.

The thing is though, Heafy is no Hetfield, his voice just lacks that undistorted aggression that you see in hetfield in sonds like Harvester, Blackened or Battery, but it's at least an interesting choice, and I suppose I like it better than the screaming.

As for Corey, he is quite honestly one of the most talented young guitarists I've ever come across, and I hope it shows in this album. I wish them luck.

words of wisdom

and to say something 'sounds too like master of puppets' as criticism! id pay all my money to hear another album that sounds as good as MoP!

I'm sure I would actually quite like Trivium if they didn't scream so much. I know some people like it, but not to my tastes to be honest.

I hated them at first, then I saw them and Download 2005 and liked them so I bought Ascendancy. Liked the album at first, got bored with it quick. Heafy's screaming sounds crap. I wont buy this unless something really special is on it.

Sign in to follow this