NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Platty

Album images in my documents?

Ok so from the title you might be thinking what the heck?

But ive just recently copied a lot of my music collection to my computer and whacked it all in the "my music" folder...

I have a different folder for each band and inside have a different folder for each album by that band...simple right?

Well something strange has happened....ive notice on a few of the album folders the image of their album cover has appeared !!!

How did that happen?? i didnt do it ?? and why havent they all appeared for the other bands?

How do i get this cool little feature to work for the rest of my albums??

Thanks for any help/advice.

Do you use Windows Media Player? It automatically downloads images of those songs and puts them images in their folder. If you don't...well maybe something did that for you. It saves the images as "system files" so they remain hidden until you edit the option that allows you to view them.

Yeah i do use media player but out of the 144 artists i have on my computer only 3 seem to have gained an album cover....strange eh ?

Is there a way to get media player to download the images for me or do i have to go searching the net and save them somewhere and then manually add them to the folders ? which i cant be arsed to do....

thanks again

I dunno, WMP adds them pretty slowly. And I don't think you can just paste them to have them work, you have to play each song one by one (make sure you have their album names written on them) and wait for WMP to download it.

You COULD try right clicking the folder > properties > Choose picture, though. But I doubt it could work.

maybe its from how you aquired the music, maybe you purchased the CD on some, bought some Online, or got em from a burnt disk. I dont know but maybe:D

You have to set them as View > Thumbnails.

Also: Meh.

Er yeah.

Meh.

There's some way to search through WMP. I did it for a load of albums but then i just got bored and deleted them all.

But if you want to do it more manually, any picture you put into a folder will show up on the folder thumbnail if you have the thumbnail view enabled in the view menu at the top of the explorer window.

Sign in to follow this