NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ford Prefect

want a hyrule shield?

Technically, shouldn't that be Hyrulian Shield?

And believe it or not, that really is the most constructive thing I have to say.

Technically, shouldn't that be Hyrulian Shield?

And believe it or not, that really is the most constructive thing I have to say.

might have been wiser not to have said anything then :P

Meh it's foamboard. Meh, I want a real shield to hit people... er... defend myself.

Or Hylian.

That was my original choice, but then I couldn't remember whether I was thinking of Beyond Good & Evil's occupants of the planet Hylis. And then I realised I was thinking about it all far too much so simply whacked 'Hyrulian' in there.

Anyway, getting back to dressing up as elves...

The people of Hyrule are Hyrulian, the shield is Hylian because it refers to an object.

The people of Hyrule are Hyrulian, the shield is Hylian because it refers to an object.

The term "Hylian" generally refers to a member of the Hylian race,

Plus. I'm 95% sure the Deku Tree says Link was Hylian in Ocarina Of Time.

Are you sure? Never heard the term Hyrulian:heh: . Remember the Deku tree?

I swear the people were refered to as Hyrulians. NGC sure as hell called Link Hyrulian at least once.

I swear the people were refered to as Hyrulians. NGC sure as hell called Link Hyrulian at least once.

Maybe Hylian is the plural for Hyrulian? :hmm: Link being Hyrulian from the Hylian race?

Here is Wikipedia's definitions for Hyrulian.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyrulian

And Hylian.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hylian

Scroll down for the definition of Hylian.

I think both terms are accepted for use, like other real races have different terms of use.

EDIT:

Hylian - The term "Hylian" generally refers to a member of the Hylian race, who are sometimes capable of using magical abilities.

Hyrulean (correction from Nintendo though the term Hyrulian is also applicable) - "Hyrulean", on the other hand, means from or related to the mythical land of Hyrule. Note that not all inhabitants of Hyrule are Hylian: only those with pointed-ears, such as Link, are Hylian. Unlike Hylians, Hyruleans are sometimes not granted with magical abilities, but they do not have pointed ears.

Guys, take a step back for a moment or two and read what you're typing!

For the love of God!:woops:

Here is Wikipedia's definitions for Hyrulian.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyrulian

And Hylian.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hylian

Scroll down for the definition of Hylian.

I think both terms are accepted for use, like other real races have different terms of use.

I get it now, people from Hyrule are called hyruleans but people of the Hylian race like Link-noticeable by the pointy ears are called Hylian.

Omg, realised what me and Telly were doing, I'm a nut.

Guys, take a step back for a moment or two and read what you're typing!

For the love of God!:woops:

Oh jeez I can't believe I've just debated that. I'm a Zelda nut.

You didn't just debate it Tellyn, you researched. You're the worst of the lot.

I'm so sad, I only just realised. Anyhow *dislikes the observation of his nuttiness* are those Rings that he's selling the stones from Ocarina of Time that opened the Temple of Time?

You didn't just debate it Tellyn, you researched. You're the worst of the lot.

Lol i was about to post what he did before i saw his. We are both guilty.::shrug:

Aye, we discussed it on MSN aswell, putting us a level up. Is that guy selling the full Link costume???

Note that not all inhabitants of Hyrule are Hylian: only those with pointed-ears, such as Link, are Hylian. Unlike Hylians, Hyruleans are sometimes not granted with magical abilities, but they do not have pointed ears.

So they're basically saying people with pointy ears = Hylian. Those without = Hyrulean = Goron and Zora's?

Basically, I think. Although I think Hyruleans are normal humans that were born in Hyrule.

Basically, I think. Although I think Hyruleans are normal humans that were born in Hyrule.

Mate, dont get too caught up in this hyrulean/hylian buisness ;)

Sign in to follow this