NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
DiemetriX

Ten Reasons Why You Don't Need a PlayStation 3

i wonder how many of the 100million ps2s have been left aside and hardly used in the past 5 years?

Not as many as have ended up in bins or returned to Sony.

Ok... if GTA San Andreas is only 4GB and it's already a HUGE game, why can't GTA IV fit in a standard 9,5GB dvd? But maybe they can pass this mark.

But the thing is, don't HD-DVD discs have more storage capacity than ordinary DVDs?

But the thing is, don't HD-DVD discs have more storage capacity than ordinary DVDs?

Myth: Blu-ray has more capacity.

Reality: Follow me carefully here, because the distinction I’m going to make does not rule out the possibility that Blu-ray will indeed, ultimately offer more storage capacity.

While Blu-ray is (theoretically) capable of delivering a dual-layer 25GB disc for a total of 50GB’s, the truth of the matter is, the Blu-ray (movie) titles Sony has shipped thus far are on single layer 25GB discs.

So in reality as of today Wednesday the 28th of June 2006, HD-DVD discs at dual-layer 15GB for a total of 30GB offer more capacity than Blu-ray, I’ll repeat that, as of right now HD-DVD is delivering more capacity than Blu-ray. That kind of flies in the face of everything we’ve heard about Blu-ray thus far huh?

From here: http://www.hometheaterblog.com/hometheater/2006/06/bluray_vs_hddvd.html

It does, obviously. But does that imply that the game won't fit in a 9,5GB disk on XBOX 360? It may fit, or it may not fit. My point is: They used 4GB to San Andreas, that is a HUGE game and they still have another aditional 4,5GB to use on GTA IV.

Sign in to follow this