NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Questions about Disgaea.....

I noticed The Bard was wondering whether to pick this up and im in the same boat as him. I have never played it or Phantom Brave and La...whatever its called but the look of the games always caught my attention. I think its Dom who loves these games but i havent seen him on here in a while. Can anyone else who has played the games tell me how easy they are to get to grips with and how long they last etc.

Thanks

Right, I'm going to answer your (and my question) I went digging around in my pile of old games magazines and found a brilliant review of Disgaea in Games TM magazine. What's amazing is that they've given it a 9, which they rarely do, they're pretty stingy with scores (the only game I remember them giving a 10 was Metroid Prime)...So, this review outlines all the good and bad points about the game, and it's my favourite mag, so I think it's pretty reliable :heh:

enjoy....

Thanks for that Bard. I have done some digging myself and the game has scored massively on every website. Looks like I have found my new game to play, there are loads of sealed copies on ebay so im going to pick one of those up.

One thing you have to ask yourself is, do you love strategy RPGs? If not then you will probably HATE Disgaea. Disgaea is a hardcore strategy RPG, it was made for fans of the genre. It gets hard the further you get into it. I personally love the games done by Nippon Ichi. Each one is stuffed with great gameplay and quality comedy dialogue. The game can basically last forever as well since you can level to insane levels.

I donno...I haven't played that many to be honest, I had Vandal Hearts for PS1, which was awesome, and I've played Fire Emblem, Advance Wars, and FF Tactics, which I quite liked...so, is Disgaea pretty much based on the same principles as these 2?

Well I have just bought it for £21 sealed off ebay. It may arrive tomorrow if im lucky, I cant wait to try it out. I havent really played many Strategy RPGs the ones I did play ( FF Tactics Advance, Advance Wars, Shining Force 3 ) I really enjoyed so hopefully I will like this.

I have played only a small part of it, but from what I saw, it's a damn good game, very complex, only for nich players and awesome comedy.

I have been reading reviews for it all day now, im very excited about playing it aswell as Phantom Brave and the other one. Did anyone play Rhapsody on the PSONE? Its made by Atlus and seems to be be just like Disgaea in terms of looks and gameplay. The name just kept popping up when looking into Disgaea thats all.

La Pucelle is the best Nippon Ichi game imo. Best story, gameplay and characters.

Ah if you like those games then you'll probably love Disgaea. I enjoyed Front Mission 3, Final Fantasy Tactics, Fire Emblem and Advance Wars and then I played Disgaea after them and loved it. Seems you are in the same boat as me. :)

Well I just got in from work and it has arrived. I will give it ago later tonight as im playing 5 a side shortly. Cant wait to see what all the fuss is about.

Well I started playing last night and I can see that im REALLY going to enjoy this. People are right in saying that it has a sense of humour as I was laughing away to myself at some of the things said.

Being a gamer who grew up with 2D games im a sucker for 2D Sprites and the ones used in Disgaea are simply awesome. Its a shame more companies dont take a chance with 2D.

Gameply wise Im still getting to grips with the game. I done all the training missions and about 3 of the next ones but I got killed on mission 4 so some levelling up will be the order of the day.

Lastly the fact that you can create your own army is amazing. I spent ages just looking at the different units I could buy and naming them all. I have a team full of R Evil people and FF characters.

Bard if you are still checking this topic I highly recommened you get a hold of this game.

Sign in to follow this