NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
RATM_4_EVA

Help Me! what does this quote mean?

To get an idea of the intended meaning you should probably read some more poems by E. E. Cummings. He has a very distinctive style that is best appreciated when read aloud.

Apropos the rain: think how fragile and intangible a raindrop is and think about what he's feeling for the person in the poem.

More importantly: what do YOU think it means?

More importantly: what do YOU think it means?

This is very important in fact :) Most poets will write in a way for the reader to identify with a poem. A line can be interpreted in different ways, to reflect on different things. Writers like Cummings often use personification, the same way as Time and Death are given humanity to make them more inherently threatening, rain can be given hands to show the way touch is fragile, but at the same time has so much effect.

"not even the rain has such small hands" I think, means: though someone is being gentle and kind, not even their love or love in general can be perfect. :heh:

"not even the rain has such small hands" I think, means: though someone is being gentle and kind, not even their love or love in general can be perfect. :heh:

See, you didn't need our help after all.

I think it means he couldnt find anything else that would rime with "understands". :p

It means her deepness is ungraspable I think.

See, you didn't need our help after all.

wow thanks, but the problen is that i have to write two pages no this quote. :p :D

wow thanks, but the problen is that i have to write two pages no this quote. :p :D

Ah, so this was all a ruse to get us to do your homework?

Shameful :P

Ah, so this was all a ruse to get us to do your homework?

Shameful :P

no, im just telling you how dumd it is that i have to write two pages on eight words :weep:

The Rain are, in fact, a small tribe Native American Indians famed for their small hands. I once saw a documentary on the discovery channel that was all about their lifestyle and culture. When a child of the Rain Tribe is born their hands are immediately placed into small wooden boxes shaped like teapots. Their hand growth is therefore restricted until they turn eighteen when they finally take part in what's known as their 'eighteenth year tea party of hand freedom'. They have small hands for the rest of their lives.

The poet is merely saying that this girl has very small hands and compares then to the hands of a member of the Rain Tribe.

The Rain are, in fact, a small tribe Native American Indians famed for their small hands. I once saw a documentary on the discovery channel that was all about their lifestyle and culture. When a child of the Rain Tribe is born their hands are immediately placed into a small wooden boxes shaped like teapots. Their hand growth is therefore restricted until they turn eighteen when they finally take part in what's known as their 'eighteenth year tea party of hand freedom'. They have small hands for the rest of their lives.

The poet is merely saying that this girl has very small hands and compares then to the hands of a member of the Rain Tribe.

A similar thing happens where I live. Except they use a Waffle Iron.

isn't it about his first child? it seems what he's talkign about is miniscule yet huge at the same time, if you understand. his child is so small, yet at the same time is the biggest thing that ever happened to him, he's talking about this paradox i think

The Rain are, in fact, a small tribe Native American Indians famed for their small hands. I once saw a documentary on the discovery channel that was all about their lifestyle and culture. When a child of the Rain Tribe is born their hands are immediately placed into a small wooden boxes shaped like teapots. Their hand growth is therefore restricted until they turn eighteen when they finally take part in what's known as their 'eighteenth year tea party of hand freedom'. They have small hands for the rest of their lives.

PMSL Odwin my dear just how do you do it :bow: you are my God marry me and have my children, what do you mean your married :aww:, oh well an old affiar on the side wont hurt :D.

On topic I think it means the writer was stoned when writing that, like all good poets and writers :p

Sign in to follow this