N-Europe

Wii Sensor bar

conzer16

Do you think we have fucking miracle alien technology from space or something?

The sensor bar is how it is because it has to be that way clearly. I'm sure if there was a reasonable alternative to doing it this way they likely would've but with current technology it's probably all they can do.

Well i do study Electrical and electronic engineering and i happen to know that this "alien" technology is not other worldly at al. It does exist, ,and although im not 100% sure how it could be used i'm sure that it could be used theoretically.

either way doesnt matter its wired::shrug:

Why couldn't they "remove" the need for a sensor bar? Why can't the controller just send the information wirelessly to the Wii, with no need for a bar? >=(

No. Because the Wii wouldn't be able to go whereever you wanted it to then, as it wouldn't be able to pick up all movements correctly.

Theres no real reason to have it wireless. It'll just sit under/on top of the TV and thats it.

Its interesting that the Sensor could not have been put in the Wii itself - but then you'd have the added hassle of the sensor thinking the Wii-motes are in different places depending on the vertical or horizontal placement of the console/.

Guest Stefkov

yeah just hide the wires. my cube and 360 are stood next to my tv,. all the wires are just nehind it. its on a 4 drawer chest, with all my clothes in. the only wire you can see is the blue ethernet going up my wall to the router in another room.

wires arent a problem, just hide em and youd never know they were there. just like anim....o.O

so how big will the final package of the Wii be? Judging from the size of the sensor bar, it's going to be very dodgey imo

FFS... people do just say stuff without thinking don't they? Have a look at the sensor bar in perspective with any other object and you will see that it is tiny!

Why couldn't they "remove" the need for a sensor bar? Why can't the controller just send the information wirelessly to the Wii, with no need for a bar? >=(

If you want to pay three times for every controller, have it twice the size, half the battery life and half the response, then fine by me. I'm with the rest of the world though.