NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
marcel

difference between dolby prologic 1 and 2

Hi,

At the moment i don’t got a home cinema set. I am planning on buying one this Christmas. But with gamecube games is there much difference between Dolby pro logic 1 and Dolby pro logic 2 for example with resident evil 4. and what comes the closest to Dolby digital 5.1 sound Dolby prologic 1 or Dolby pro logic 2

Thanks for responding.

Greets marcel

Dolby Pro Logic (Dolby Surround) uses a regular stereo input to recreate the effect of having surround sound, but only uses a mono mix for the rear speakers (so the rear speakers sound the same).

Dolby Pro Logic II is the same idea, but attempts to seperate the two rear channels so they can be unique.

Neither methods are anywhere near as good as Dolby Digital or Digital Theatre Sound.

roadkill(or someone else) what comes the closest to dd5.1 dolby p logic1 or 2?

DPL2 without shadow of a doubt.

By the way check out this site for good deals on AV Receivers and speakers:

Richer Sounds

Pretty much everything has DPL2 onboard now so I wouldn’t worry about it too much, If possible you should try and get a system with both Dolby Digital and DTS so you're set up for future consoles too.

I'm all good, my Logitech Z-680's are THX Certified, and support Dolby Digital, Digital Theatre Sound and Dolby Pro Logic II.

hello,

thanks you all for your reply. but i got one more question how mutch difference is between dolby pro logic 1 and 2. how mutch better is dpl2 than dpl 1 on a scale of 1 to 10. and what things are better dpl2 than in dpl1? is it true that the rear speakers give more (notiseble) sound like the front speakers?

(and for the people with resident evil 4) all my friends say that if the chainsaw man/women is behind you you realy hear the chainsaw behind you is this true?

hope to get reply soon.

bye marcel

I sent you a PM with a link that should answer all of your DPL2 questions.

(and for the people with resident evil 4) all my friends say that if the chainsaw man/women is behind you you realy hear the chainsaw behind you is this true?

Yes this is true, you can tell where enemies are just from the sound, and Resident Evil 4 has a great surround sound mix that definitely enhances the game experience.

so with resident evil 4 you get more sound in the rear channels with dpl2 than with dpl1. and the volume of the rearchannels are louder than with dpl1. and also you get more sound from the front left and right channels in dpl2 becouse with dpl1 its mainly going to the center channel.

am i right?

Sign in to follow this