N-Europe

Nintendo Live?

DiemetriX

I think Nintendo has learned that they have to find a way to make both groups happy (hardcore online gamers and worried parents). I think they could use their parental controls to limit children to only chatting to friends or limit online in other ways while "mature" people could have the full online experience.

I really like the achievements idea, along with a universal "name" and I'm sure Nintendo knows that they need to copy a lot from Live to really have a competitive online service. I can't wait to see what they come up with. I'm glad they "experimented" with things on the DS before they had to solidify everything for Wii.

yeah it whould be cool if they did that, thats basicly what nintendo is afraid of with the ds. all i want from the servise really is voice chat a beater game listing. i really don't like being limited to the find a game feature on the ds.

I haven't seen Live, so I can't comment but I want a SIGNIFICANT upgrade from what the DS WiFI offers. I hope the fact that were getting it for nought doesn't mean a watered down service. I'd be willing to pay a bit each month to have a top notch service.

Most important things for me is gamertag for my Wii not the individual games and seeing what my friends are doing.

I want voice chat. I can play plenty of online games on my pc or whatever, but LIVE is made what it is, for better or worse, by voice chat. playing with Guy, Mike, Colin and the rest has been better than any online experiece for me. shabba.

Yea they really need voice chat.If they think it will cause problems online and not safe,put parental control on it or something so they can only type text and older people can use the mic.I'm sure they can think of something that will be safe.Just thought of this.What if you have the friend codes and you can talk anytime during the match but if you search for players you can speak into the mic and text will come up.Theres just gotta be a way.

Nintendo need to maintain the Free, Simple and Safe principles - especially with the target market being, well, everyone and his Nintendog.

WiFi needs an easy hub for each game. Pop the game in and select Wifi play.

It needs to be safe - but there is pressure for Nintendo to offer services like voice chat, messaging etc. Could we see a basic, annonymous WiFi service (like DS) and a more comprehensive service where a Credit Card can ID your age, address etc (and therefore making parent's responsible for their children's gaming habits since children don't usually have credit cards?)

Simple... not entirely sure setting up a Wireless network at home is that simple, but nice idea...