NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Retro_Link

Force Feedback for Rev?

http://www.cubed3.com/news/4975

Quick News - According to Jeux Video, sources close to them (thought to be Ubisoft staff) are stating the Revolution's nunchuck controller attachment will feature new gyroscopic technology to provide force-feedback during games. In addition the European release date being communicated at the moment is 30th November, 2006, although it has been said that this could change.

Very interesting if true!!

Possible force feedback through the 'nunchuck' (not the 'revmote')!!

Would be great if this was learnt from Ubisoft and it appears in Red Steel!

Yea I've thought about that aswell.Would be really interesting in a sowrd fight.

I came across this on another site, it's not force-feedback that's being rumoured, it's force-meters. It's a less complex version of the motion tracking in the FHC, it will be capable of detecting movement of the nunchuck though not its position; this would enable you to carry out movement commands separate from the FHC when needed, i.e. when pointing a gun/torch or swinging a sword.

i would think this was gonna happpen, how would we know when someone in a game has blocked our sword swuipe. the sword wont go through his sword.

aso id love it if it was on a shooting game aswell, like time crisis with the top of it going back on every shot, itd be cool.

maybe we've already had a hint of force feedback, that guy on the video that comes out behind his chair and shoots. likea metroid game. maybe that was implying, there aws no reason for him to pull back his hand when he shot.

It makes sense and is in all honesty quite likely, a rumble pack won't do the trick. In reality this is most probably the much fabled 'other secret'.

If you and your friend are having a sword fight,you can't go through his/her sword and take of health.

I came across this on another site, it's not force-feedback that's being rumoured, it's force-meters. It's a less complex version of the motion tracking in the FHC, it will be capable of detecting movement of the nunchuck though not its position; this would enable you to carry out movement commands separate from the FHC when needed, i.e. when pointing a gun/torch or swinging a sword.

quoted simply to try and get people to take note.

how would we know when someone in a game has blocked our sword swuipe. the sword wont go through his sword.

The exact same way as if it were done with a normal controller I'd imagine.

You 'swing' the controller from left to right if you want to swing your ingame sword the same way. Collision detection can be coded in so that the swords don't go through each other.

Think of playing mario and you are running towards a wall. Mario hits the wall and stops running. This will happen even if you are still pressing forward with the analogue stick.

I imagine the FHC has some sort of rumble pack so that when your swords collide with one another, the FHC shakes. Thats enough immersion for me.

Don't think that's true.It's just an attachment for the FHC that Nintendo added for other developer's.I think force feed-back is more likely.

Would make sense, there's space enough in there for the damn thing.

I mean.. all this thing has in it is an analogue stick and 2 shoulder buttons.. it's hardly state of the art technology.

The chipset is probably going to be in the little block that clips onto the controller.

It would make sense to add it if not just to weigh the thing down and give it a feel of quality.

Makes sense on all levels, I think it would be weird having gyro/force feedback in just one hand besides.. this means we can have dynamic conrols depending on the environment..

Good news YenRug, that is rad actually.

Nintendo of Canada rep lets loose force feedback secret?

The following excerpt is from a recent interview between Denis Talbot (Canadian entertainment personality) and Nintendo of Canada’s Director of Marketing, Pierre-Paul Trepanier. R-T stands for Radio - Talbot.

R-T: “Is there any force feedback in it?”

NoC: “Yes there’s feedback in it even though it is wireless, we will show more at E3. Before in our wireless controllers, we didn’t put feedback because of battery life problems but now we have found a way to do it without lowering the battery life of the remote.”

Source:http://denis-talbot.com/radio/emissions/21042006/Emission%2021%20Avril%202006-Part-2-.mp3

Question is, is it really force feedback or do they meen the rumble?

What if the controllers have dynamo's in them, like watches, whereby the movement of the controller actually powers it, thus no batteries!

I think it'd be great, the controller topping or bouncing back when you clash another sword, or jolting back a little when you shoot. I reckon it'd work great.

What I think is that the forc feedback will aything like this:

More talk of Revmote force feedback

As we had discussed earlier, it seems like the idea of the nunchuck attachment for the Revmote containing some sort of force feedback, or further motion based involvement is picking up steam. Jeux-Video is reporting that they have heard some rumblings that state the nunchunk (analog stick) attachment will have a form of force feedback. Their source claims…

“When you receive a shock, you feel the pad to force in your hand. A little like Powerball… “

Their source also claims that while a November 30th launch date for the Revolution in Europe is what is on schedule for now, that date may change. Keep in mind that this is all pure rumor for now.

http://gonintendo.com/?p=2243

Now that is force feedback. It also coulb a strong rumble, but the first post of the thread refering the geroscop (3d or 2D ? ) in the nunkchuc wich I believe won't even rumble...

Nintendo of Canada rep lets loose force feedback secret?

The following excerpt is from a recent interview between Denis Talbot (Canadian entertainment personality) and Nintendo of Canada’s Director of Marketing, Pierre-Paul Trepanier. R-T stands for Radio - Talbot.

R-T: “Is there any force feedback in it?â€

NoC: “Yes there’s feedback in it even though it is wireless, we will show more at E3. Before in our wireless controllers, we didn’t put feedback because of battery life problems but now we have found a way to do it without lowering the battery life of the remote.â€

Source:http://denis-talbot.com/radio/emissions/21042006/Emission%2021%20Avril%202006-Part-2-.mp3

This fits in with this quote from the NOA chick

Remember, you're special to us and when we're ready to reveal what's so unique and innovative about Revolution, you'll be amongst the first on the planet to get your hands on it so you can tell your readers what emotion you experienced playing it. Until that important and energizing day, please continue to get plenty of exercise and sleep, and eat a balanced diet!

I thought it was odd for her to be giving us a health lesson but it makes sense now.

Why? maybe because you have to power the controller instead of batteries which i think is genius if true because i despise buying batteries. It also fits in with their, quiet, affordable, power-efficient mantra

Gyroscopic technology is definitely possible.. wireless equipment is becoming less and less energy consumptive every day.

They do it in Seiko and Swatch watches, which are significantly less power hungry than a force feedback motor.

I'd agree, a built in dynamo is possible.. it could possible lower charge cycles by huge amounts of time.

http://revolution.advancedmn.com/article.php?artid=6601

Nunchaku Controller Feature Revealed April 25, 2006

by: Phillip Levin

CONFIRMED: Sources close to Nintendo confirm for AMN that the rumors are true. Details inside.

Last week, a rumor hit the net claiming that the Nintendo Revolution’s nunchaku controller features a built-in acellerometer allowing it to sense it being tilted left or right, or being moved up, down, left, right and in a number of other directions as well.

Today, AMN has confirmed through a developer incredibly close to Nintendo that this rumor is in fact true. The nunchaku peripheral does feature this secondary function. However, we were also told that the nunchaku controller does not feature the same pointing and motion sensing abilities that allow the Revolution free-hand controller to be used like a “pointer” or “wand.”

One example we’ve come up to describe how this function will be useful in future software involves a first-person shooter, in which you use the free-hand controller to look around and aim, while you use the nunchaku controllers analog stick to move around and strafe. Most importantly, you’d be able to tilt the nunchaku controller to the left or right to reload your weapon.

More intriguing than all this, perhaps, our source told us that this “feature” of the nunchaku controller has been in their development kits since they first received them over six months ago. This raises the question, of course, is this the second big secret function of the Revolution controller? It could be. However, it’s odd that developers have had access to the feature and information all along, without ever being told to keep the information under wraps.

Nintendo Revolution will be in full playable form during the Electronic Entertainment Expo., which kicks off May 9, 2006 with Nintendo’s annual press briefing. AMN will be on hand at the event with full coverage.

I love it, one publication gets a rumour.. it runs with the rumour and all the developpers come in and support it breaking their NDA.

TOUCH DOWN!

It was innevitable, no point worrying about such a minor technicality 13 days early. It's the games that get the oos and ahs.

That would be great news, the nunchuck with free movement, too :smile:

This would make the REV completely supperior to the PC in an FPS.

Imagine the controller kicking like a real gun! That would mean that no recoil has to be programmed into the game, as it all depends on how steady YOU can hold the controller...

Sign in to follow this