NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Charlie

What's in the Flap...

From what we've seen of the layout of the back and from what we can see of the sides AND under the top flap, tho only place the SD cards have left to go is under the front slap. Mystery solved!

Problem being that SD cards are tiny, you could probably fit 6 or more SD cards in that flap quite easily. Its certainly possible (And I'm sure IGN confirmed it) that the flap will be where the SD cards go, but its perfectly feasible that something else could go there as well.

nintendorevolutionside1ok.jpg

I'm reposting this seeing that it never actually was answered:

I just had a look at the picture above...

How are you supposed to connect the Wavebrid Wireless RF receiver into those controller ports if the lid is blocking it? Will you be able to plug it in upside down into the controller ports while the Revolution console is standing on its stand, and wouldn't 4 gamecube controllers connected make it rather clumbersome with the cords? I guess though that primarily its really only there for true backward compatability and not for every single Revolution owner to fill up every single controller port. Unless the lid is going to be redesigned in the final Revolution console where it folds back on the side, allowing for 4 wavebird controllers to be inserted into the controller ports or cleanly slides away into a little gap somewhere...

Actually, just realised, it will fit, the ports are upside down, so no issues there...

yeah the wavebird ahs come up a lot, maybe in the thread with all the info in, it should be mentioned, the ig bit sticks out above the straight line. so it would fit into the top of the rev.

The flap is not actually a flap! It is a button... When pressed it opens up the left hand side of the console revealing a screen with a direct video link to Nintendo HQ and to Reggie's desk. The screen can also be used for playing games. This is proven by this picture, the side looks suspiciously like it moves, and also the flap really does look more like a button...

http://uk.media.revolution.ign.com/articles/697/697733/img_3480718.html

This allows Nintendo to live up to the comments about taking gaming out of the TV, and also Reggie's more personal promise of keeping all fans "warm and safe." Hope this puts your minds at rest.

In reality I dont know what on earth it's for, possibly a DS docking bay, or a method of connection between Rev and an as yet unseen peripheral. Perhaps it is a DS card slot that has the ability to write to blank DS cards, thus allowing the playing of Virtual Console games on the go?

Sign in to follow this