NEurope
Flaight

Official Nintendo Magazine deal : annoying

I don't know if anyone else have gone thru this. You know the Official Nintendo Magaizne. They offered a free game if you subscribed?

The first time, I subscribed online. I wanted the free game, so I called the Future Publishing (the distributer) to see if my game is coming. They said there are no gifts associated with my subscription...!:mad: They put on the front page that they will give away a free game. Dirty buggers, luring customers with free games yet they aren't giving one.

So, I went to buy the 1st issue at WHSmith. I cut out the subscription page of the magazine and subscribed again thru post, whilst making arrangements at the bank to refund the first subscription's direct debit.

Yesterday, the free game arrived! :hehe: But, cut long story short, due to some complications I failed to get a refund for the first 9.72 refund (direct debit). So for the first 3 months I'll be receiving 2 copies of ONM :hmm: BASTARDS!!!!

On the other hand, I got a brand new Pikmin 2 (which I criminally missed the 1st time). I "lost" 9.72 quid because of the "double subscription", but it works out that I "bought" Pikmin 2 brand new for 9.72. Weird, but are you with me.

So I guess I came out of it OK. It's a bit annoying though.

P.S. When cancelling Direct Debit with Future Publishing LTD before the 1st debit, go to your bank and BLOCK the direct debit. Once you are charged, they seem to use technicality to block refunds. I learned this the hard way thru all this.:cry:

I think it's annoying that a lot of Nintendo fans like me already own the three games they're offering for free with subscriptions.

That's pretty crap that you had to pay more,and what's worse is that the games are ones that people usually have

Pikmin 2 is however quite hard to get hold of in most shops and when you do it usually costs around £30 brand new - I already owned a copy so I put mine up on ebay and got £28 for it.

Sorry to hear about the problem with having two subscriptions - I had a similar problem, they had two different webpages where you could subscribe and I subscribed on the first one and the free game choice never came up. I then found the other page (On the ONM site, not the Future site) and subscribed there, so I emailed them to cancel my first subscription and forunately it all worked out :) Still Pikmin 2 for £10 is a bargain cos you can always cash in on it for about 3 times that, or of course if you wanted the game then you can keep it and enjoy a gamecube classic. :)

I got my Pikmin 2. Was initially thinking of selling it as i got Pikmin 1, but Pikmin 2 is so much better i think i'll keep it. Really good game it is.

Anyone know when the magazine will arrive?

Anyone know when the magazine will arrive?

Next issue is due out on 20 April. See 'New NOM' thread for more details.