Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

PC - 360 - Monitor hook up?

Arragaun

Alright, I'd like to be able to hook up both my PC and my Xbox 360 to my monitor.

This monitor has no VGA input, so I can't just plug the 360 straight into it. I think I've heard that it is possible to have both connected, I just don't know how.

Any awesome people like to help me?

Guest Jordan

Ahh, doing what i'm doing huh?

I suggest whats called a "KVM". Now... you'll be needing ALOT of convertors too.

You'll need:

A KVM (Keyboard, Video, Mouse), this is one the one i use:

KVM_Belkin2P.jpg

Belkin, you must plug the keyboard and mouse into the PC power as it is self powered.

Next you'll need a 360 VGA Cable, i highly suggest the offical one, this should also come with the audio connector so it'll go into your Line In on your soundcard allowing you to have it run through your speakers.

You'll also need a DVI (Digital Video Input) to VGA connector to plug into one side of the KVM and a female to female VGA adapator for the other end so the 360 can plug into that.

That should do it.

Check list:

KVM

VGA Cable

DVI > VGA connector

VGA Female to Female connector.

Hey, er, just wondering whether this would do the trick or not. It looks a bit different to your example...

Also, I've got the Xbox VGA lead, it doesn't come with an audio jack though, just the white plug and the red plug, like from a scart lead. Is that a problem?

Hey, er, just wondering whether this would do the trick or not. It looks a bit different to your example...

Also, I've got the Xbox VGA lead, it doesn't come with an audio jack though, just the white plug and the red plug, like from a scart lead. Is that a problem?

Is it a DVI connection you have?

those two coloured plugs are audio, normally on an av cable there are those two plus a yellow one, the yellow one provides video and the other right and left audio. The two cables on the vga cable are right and left audio, since vga doesnt carry audio. There is also an optical out on the cable if you have a surround system set up.

Guest Jordan

Don't confuse it all JonST, doing what i'm doing should work fine. All he'll need is a couple more connectors.

Guest Jordan

I got it from Dabs as far as i can remember. Fairly cheap, come on MSN and i'll be able to explain better.