NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Retro_Link

Rayman 4 on Rev!?

http://www.cubed3.com/news/4879

Never before has a press release been more vague. Ubi Soft today issued a two paragraph long statement regarding the next Rayman title. They have confirmed that it will be launched during 'Holiday 2006' (Christmas time) for both "current and next-generation consoles". We are hoping this means that a Revolution version is in the works (it would certainly tie in nicely with the console's release), but as of yet we don't have any confirmation. Whatever the outcome, a new Rayman game (we're calling it Rayman 4, for obvious reasons) is certainly an exciting prospect. On with the quotes...

"Rayman is one of the brands that encapsulate Ubisoft’s ability to create characters and universes that appeal to all kinds of players," said Yves Guillemot, chief executive officer at Ubisoft. "We are expecting this new Rayman video game to sweep players off their feet."

It's likely Rayman 4 will be on Rev, the series has been on N64, GC, GB, DS etc...

The series is pretty good, and this along with ultrajamie's news about a Beyond Good and Evil sequel means the Rev could be getting some great support from Ubisoft, especially if they bring Splinter Cell 4 to the Rev aswell!

Ubisoft have at least 7 titles in development.

It's certainly looking more and more likely!!

Honestly, it's going to be hard to find a system Rayman 4 will not appear on.

One that won't be on my list, i think rayman got boring and repetetive after #1

Ubisoft are machines.

I quite liked the original Rayman game- I got it when it went platinum for the PlayStation and it was a solid platformer.

It was very arty though, you could tell it was European just by the game's artwork. I would be interested in this title but I heard it was pretty shit when they made the move to 3D.

I will most likely stick with Mario 128 for my platform fix.

I will most likely stick with Mario 128 for my platform fix.

I wouldn't hold my breath on seeing Mario 128.

Isn't it a confirmed launch title? That's what I was under the impression anyway.. it would launch with a new Mario title..

It will be a new Mario game, Mario 128 will be delayed until the day before the last person who heard about it dies.

I don't see why they'd wanna put out another Sunshine game- Just googled it and Miyamoto has said he'll be there on launch but it's undecided whether it's 128 or Sunshine.

I didn't play Sunshine but is there a huge difference in style? I mean.. 64 was great but it's just a platformer at the end of the day.. I can't imagine any platformer has more than a week on the story board.

I don't see what the big deal about delaying it is.

Erm...Mario 128 can be whatever they want you realise!!!....Anyway, the new Mario Rev game will utilise the controller, I believe a true NEW Mario game is Mario 128, one that plays differently to any other before it (like Mario 64 did)

The diference is that the new mario will be the flagship title for rev and has the mission to show all the great capabilities of the rev. And I'm sure it will be as expectacular as mario64 was when made its appearance.

Rayman is a good plataformer and I really liked the last one but it will be just a regular plataformer.

Sign in to follow this