N-Europe

The Road to Guantanamo

CompSci

Damn I missed that. I rember watching the Guantanamo special they did on the capture and torture methods they use last year though. It's had quite a bit of other news coverage recently, what with the revelation of force feeding prisoners and the Archbishop of the Church of England condemning it. I mean seriously, hundreds of people held for more then four years now, treated like scum despite the fact it seems increasingly unlikely they actually did, or were going to do anything even vaguely terrorist related. That damn place is a fucking disgrace to hummanity.

before we continue singling out one area, lets remember other prisons or other camps or what not, hostage taking, tourture and other shit that is going on. just because its unacceptable foe america to do it, doesnt mean the 3rd world countries should as well.

before we continue singling out one area, lets remember other prisons or other camps or what not, hostage taking, tourture and other shit that is going on. just because its unacceptable foe america to do it, doesnt mean the 3rd world countries should as well.

I think third world countries have been doing it a lot longer than 4 years.

Yeah, granted, but America shouldn't be doing it and setting an example to the rst of the world. And no, Compsci, I didn;t watch it hence the "care to digress why?" ;)

America are gonna do it, because there are more angry westeners who will point that finger at any arab without any trial just so they think they are getting justice. there isnt a large enough majority of people who think it is wrong.

I think third world countries have been doing it a lot longer than 4 years.
Yes, but they don't have power over our own national policy, and aren't frquently declaring themselves as "the leaders of the free world." America is supposed the leading democracy in the developed world. We expect America, the land of freedom and liberty, to have more damn sense. What's worse is that the British government doesn't kick up much of a fuss about this. Urrgh, sometimes I hate our "special relationship".

Yes, but they don't have power over our own national policy, and aren't frquently declaring themselves as "the leaders of the free world." We expect America, the land of freedom and liberty, to have more damn sense.

You might do, but I don't.

Right now governments in the US and Uk are elected based on who is the least worst, and not the best.

Are you seriously suggesting that John Kerry was an inferior candidate to George Bush? As for the UK, we'd probably get the result we wanted if people actually went out and sodding voted.

eek, you have a lot to learn, since the 60s America has been corupt, ala JFK (vitenam pull out) Nixon ( watergate) Bush Snr (Iraq) Bush Jnr (Iraq) (worst of the worst) read Stupid White Men

The Americans have EVERYTHING to lose, money, power, army, economy, PetroDollar (another great read) and debt, the US is in debt by EEK, the petrodollar which makes the WHOLE world trade OIL/Pertrol in $ thus giving the US Mint to print $

Sept 11th could of been a fake or a great mistake, we will never know until the boss has fallen.