NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
BigTac

IGN - Revolution Titles

http://revolution.ign.com/articles/692/692479p1.html

IGN have and will probally continue updating their list on both 1st and 3rd party. There is nothing new to me on the list. Here are a some things worth noting:

Metroid Prime 3

Developer: Retro Studios

We believe that Metroid Prime 3 has a strong chance of being a Revolution launch title, but we're hesitant to claim that as fact until after we've seen its progress at E3 2006, where it is expected to be fully playable. The tentatively titled game was unveiled at Nintendo's E3 2005 press conference alongside a brief snippet of footage - the only so-called Revolution gameplay video yet seen. Since then, we've learned a little more about the first-person adventure. It will, according to Retro Studios, signal the end to a three-part Prime trilogy. "The plot of Prime 3 is about closure, told against the backdrop of an epic struggle," the developer revealed in an online interview last year. The game will once more feature Metroid entities, as well as all new characters, and feature the return of the element Phazon. Kenji Yamamoto, who provided music for the first two games, will return for Prime 3. And every bit as interesting, the studio claims that it has some graphic tricks up its sleeve, which is exciting since the first two Prime outings were gorgeous. "The 'engine' [we developed] underwent drastic improvements between Metroid Prime 1 and 2, and will see even more between 2 and 3," the company stated. "Our engineers are a very talented and dedicated bunch, and they're constantly looking for ways to make our games run smoother with more detail."

Battalion Wars Online

Developer: Kuju Entertainment Sources: Insider information;

At E3 2005, Kuju said that it was in positive talks with Nintendo about future games and then alluded to a Revolution sequel. Asked about the omission of a GCN multiplayer mode, the developer responded: "All we can say is, we're very aware of how important multiplayer is for possible future versions of Battalion Wars." Since that time, IGN has been able to validate that the company is underway with a sequel to the franchise for Nintendo's next generation console. It is expected to be online. Further details are unavailable at this time.

Camelot RPG

Developer: Camelot Software Planning

The Japanese studio responsible for some of Nintendo's biggest sports games confirmed last year that it was working on a RPG for one of Nintendo's next generation systems. At the same time, the developer revealed that it wasn't making any DS software, leaving only one option: Revolution. Camelot is no stranger to the RPG genre. The software house created the beloved Golden Sun franchise for Game Boy Advance. In February of 2005, Camelot took out a full-page ad in Japan's Famitsu Magazine that read: "Now seeking staff for development of an RPG targeting a next generation system," but rumors of a console-based Camelot RPG have been making the rounds for several years. There is a strong chance that this title is much farther along than anyone expects.

Trauma Center Revolution

Developer: Atlus

Source: Nintendo Power, IGN contacts

Anybody who owns a Nintendo DS will undoubtedly be very familiar with the Trauma Center franchise. The Atlus-developed series took full advantage of Nintendo's touch-screen handheld with a unique new idea that utilized the stylus. Players were challenged to become a doctor and operate on patients, performing such tasks as sewing organs up, removing artifacts from bodies, sanitizing wounds and more. Gamers could even take part in some tense open heart surgery. Of course, maneuvers were inputted with the stylus, which worked in conjunction with the touch screen. On Revolution, players will utilize the console's free-hand style controller for pixel-perfect accuracy on the operating table.

Nintendo Power hinted that a Revolution version of Trauma Center could be in development in a recent issue and IGN has confirmed that such a title is moving steadily forward. If all goes well, aspiring doctors everywhere may be able to get their hands dirty at E3 2006.

Untitled Electronic Arts Projects

Developer: EA, Others

Readers can file this under the no-brainer category. Electronic Arts was one of the first third party publishers in the world to receive Revolution development hardware and execs at the giant have on numerous instances confirmed support for Nintendo's platform. All of the big licenses, from Madden to James Bond, are expected, but few have been officially confirmed. Various sources close to the studio have relayed contradicting information about how many titles are in development for Revolution. In one case, we were told two titles, and in another an insider stated that more than five games would be coming. We have been unable to validate either report. That noted, we are fully confident that EA's Revolution games will not only be on display at E3 2006, but playable.

I have to say that there are indeed more than 5 coming to the Revolution from EA. Depending on launch date there will be at least 3 titles at launch.

Untitled THQ Projects

Developer: Unknown

Last year, THQ confirmed that it was in possession of Revolution development hardware and experimenting with games. The publisher, like EA, was one of the first companies to obtain Revolution kits and has been plugging away on projects ever since. No announcements about games have been made. However, the company has always delivered a major wrestling title to Nintendo's platforms and we're confident Revolution will be no different.

A new wrestling game will be coming, not sure if 06 release is on the table though. They have 2 other titles in development.

Untitled SEGA Projects

Developer: Sonic Team, others

Publisher SEGA has officially announced that a next generation version of the Sonic the Hedgehog series is underway for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 2. However, sources close to the company tell IGN that it is separately developing a Sonic the Hedgehog title exclusively for Revolution. Said game is purportedly being overlooked by Sonic Team and will make full use of Nintendo's free-hand style controller. SEGA allegedly has other titles in the works for Revolution, but we have not been able to ascertain to which franchises these belong, or whether or not they are all-new entries. E3 showings are inevitable.

Sega will probally have 2 titles at E3 06. They have 4 in development.

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles

Developer: Game Designers Studio, Square Enix

The only Revolution game officially announced via press release at E3 2005 was a Revolution sequel to Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles. The title promises a compelling new RPG storyline and spectacular graphics. It is also certain to make use of the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection for some truly engaging online play situations. "We would like to strongly support Nintendo's next-generation networking plans," said Yoichi Wada, president of Square Enix. "The Revolution may embody a new platform beyond a portable or console, which makes possible a new structure in the network gaming system, changing the ways communities are built and supported. This is the kind of direction we've envisioned, and we will challenge ourselves to provide immersive interactive content in response to what Nintendo offers."

IGN has heard rumblings that Crystal Chronicles for Revolution is highly advanced and may not only show up at E3 2006, but is a candidate for system launch.

SquareEnix also have 1 other exclusive title in early development for the Revolution.

Untitled Ubisoft First-Person Shooter

Developer: TBA

IGN learned last year that publisher Ubisoft was underway with an ambitious first-person shooter-type game for Nintendo's new generation console. Few details about the project are known. Readers should expect very big things from this effort.

As you know in January I visit Ubisoft and came back here and announced/confirmed titles they have coming to the Revolution. In early Febuary I recieved word from them that some of the things they revealed to me have changed a bit. But unfortunatly I am not allowed to talk about what they told me. I am expeting that IGN will be updating with a few more Ubisoft titles very soon, along with some other 3rd parties. And maybe even confirm that Nintendo has a new Warioware coming to the Revolution.

both rpg and fps where the gamecubes weekneses at launch this time it will seem a diffrent story. what happened to the untitled midway project?

Camelot I demand Golden Sun as a launch title! That would just be amazing and along with Smash Bros. 3 would make the launch for me. To be fair I will be getting one on release regardless of whats on offer.

One of those Sega titles is without a doubt Super Monkey Ball.

One of those Sega titles is without a doubt Super Monkey Ball.

I would rather it was NiGHTS.

BigTac, have you been on your trip to EA yet? was it EA? or somewhere else, cause I remember you saying that after ubi your were off somewhere.

E3 is gonna be utterly amazing. And I'm so excited about free online play.

E3 is gonna be utterly amazing. And I'm so excited about free online play.

First party titles only. Confirmed.

There may be a fee for games like Metroid or Crystal Chronicles or alternate systems.

First party titles only. Confirmed.

There may be a fee for games like Metroid or Crystal Chronicles or alternate systems.

Errr... Metroid?

Errr... Metroid?

Yes, Metroid Prime 3 is being developped by Retro studios in Texas, Not by Nintendo.. therefore we cannot confirm that the confirmed Nintendo wifi connection will be free.

Nintendo developped Metroid Prime: Hunters.. that is why it is free.

Yes, Metroid Prime 3 is being developped by Retro studios in Texas, Not by Nintendo.. therefore we cannot confirm that the confirmed Nintendo wifi connection will be free.

Retro Studios is a second party developer wholly owned by Nintendo.

If all Nintendo games will offer free connection to the wi-fi network then there is no chance there will be a fee for its online features.

Might pay for the odd game but I'll mostly only be playing the free ones.

Camelot I demand Golden Sun as a launch title! That would just be amazing and along with Smash Bros. 3 would make the launch for me. To be fair I will be getting one on release regardless of whats on offer.

A 3-d golden sun :D , would be amazing.

I think they mean Nintendo-published games will be free, and of course, Metroid is Nintendo-published, just developed by Retro. Could also mean that games like Baiten Kaitos or FF Crystal Chronicles could be free because they are published (not developed) by Nintendo

http://revolution.ign.com/articles/693/693225p1.html

http://revolution.ign.com/articles/693/693218p1.html

Well you all will probally be disapponted to here that the first announced Revolution game from THQ in Cars, don't think that THQ are holding out and only making kiddy games for it. When they reveal their other titles everyone will be amazed by their work on the Revolution.

Also I have said this back in January before but I'm gonna say it again. Shinji Mikami is working on a exclusive Revolution title. And word has it that he doesn't plan on having only one exclusive for the Revolution. No word on a 06 release though.

Capcom will have 1-2 titles for Revolution in 06.

Ubisoft will have 2-3 titles in 06 for the Revolution.

Konami/Kojima will have 1-2 titles in 06 for the Revolution.

Zoonami 1 title for Revolution. Remember "Game Zero"? From what I hear they are looking for an 06 release.

Midway will have 1-2 for Revolution in 06.

EA will have 5-6 titles in 06 for Revolution.

Thanks, BigTac! Any word on a new game boy yet?

Also, why are so many developers so excited and non-hesitant about the Rev? It seems a little odd that the controller alone would have this much influence. Are the development costs extremely low or is there another revolutionary feature? You see, Falafelkid (the German journalist that has a blog) claims to have a very trustworthy source (which he wouldn't reveal) who said the 3rd secret will be bigger than the controller. His source also claimed there would be no news after the controller revealing until 2006, so he has proven himself legit since that was pretty hard to predict.

In case you haven't heard of Falafelkid yet:

http://nintendo-revolution.blogspot.com

He's the one that came up with the first comments about the controller (from Molyneux and Yuji Naka) and he has a lot of good contacts. I'm not sure wether or not his source is credible though.

Yeah I have heard of him and he is for real so he is very credible. While no developers have told me that the next Revolution feature is bigger than the controller I wouldn't say that it isn't. After all Nintendo revealed the controller way back in September, but have yet to show off any games. So I would think that to some extent they would keep the bigger secrets until the full unveiling. What I can say is that some developers in regaurd to what hasn't been revealed are extremely excited. One lead designer even told me that he is even more excited just to see and hear the first reactions when Nintendo show off the Revolution and people see the games.

I think they mean Nintendo-published games will be free, and of course, Metroid is Nintendo-published, just developed by Retro. Could also mean that games like Baiten Kaitos or FF Crystal Chronicles could be free because they are published (not developed) by Nintendo

Every Wi-Fi game can be free but publisher has a possibility to add a fee if they want so. It´s completely up to developer/publisher. Tony Hawk for DS is developed by Activision and it´s free. Same thing with Bleach DS and Lost Magic (developed by Sega and Taito).

I doubt many games will have a monthly fee. Keeping online up and running won´t cost a lot for the publisher because every Wi-Fi Connection game uses Nintendo´s servers.

And Metroid Prime 3 is published and developed by Nintendo. Retro Studios is a Nintendo studio just like any other studio they own (EAD, NST, Intelligent Systems etc...) because it´s fully owned by them and it has rights to do games only for Nintendo systems.

It'd be unreasonable for any other game than an MMORPG to ask money for it.

Online play is a feature a developer provides, and if the developer can't afford it, he shouldn't include it. They can't go asking money for Metroid Prime 3 online or something like that.

Sign in to follow this