N-Europe

Dabookermans drawing/art thread

dabookerman

ok so for my birthday i got a graphics tablet. i got it about a week ago so ive been practising drawing a million times then i did on paper, and this has greatly improved my drawing. i thought ill start posting pics of what i have done, and u guys just give me tips, thoughts and opinions. cheers.

heres the first one.

snakeincolor.jpg

I like the style, the way it looks a bit scribblish (stick with me here) but actually benefits for it. Its like those game arts that you always see (well sometimes see) in the back of the manual which to me is often more interesting then the final product because you see the process, the workings.

Booker what tablet are you using mate?

If you are working in Photoshop you should try using the brush tool rather than the pencil tool (cos thats what it looks like your using) and you will get different widths in you lines. It give is a nice caligraphy feel as it will tail off the end of you lines and what not.

Booker what tablet are you using mate?

If you are working in Photoshop you should try using the brush tool rather than the pencil tool (cos thats what it looks like your using) and you will get different widths in you lines. It give is a nice caligraphy feel as it will tail off the end of you lines and what not.

Looks like the brush tool to me... just with high 'hardness' setting for the lineart. You're right though, different widths of the brush tool are ideal - and for colouring you want to use the airbrush and lower your opacity and flow to at least 70/70 - and 40 or lower for shadows and light spots. It's also a good idea to put a lot of similar colours (say when doing Link's tunic, a lot of different greens) into a new colour palette. My favourite way is to make your own palette by putting some blobs of colour on a new layer, then using the eyedropper tool (alt+click) to select them.