N-Europe

GameCube controller shell for Revo remote :/

xanikseo

Guest Jordan
Well, first of all, why create a GC shell for the revolution? Why make a gc controller that you put the revo controller into. When you just can make an gc wavebird controller that can communicate with the Nintendo Revolution?

Two problems:

1, the Wavebird runs on a different signal to the Revolution controllers and its picked up differently.

2, If they made a new joypad altogether this would mean it would bump up costs vastly.

Selling just shells without reciever and less circut boards = less cost. If anything, this is a very smart move.

I personally can imagine the Rev controller being slotted in sideways into this "wavebird shell" thus positioning the Dpad to the left of the joypad and the buttons to the right.

Having the revmote sticking out the end like really isnt very practical.

Would mean the shell wouldnt be the same as the Wavebird, but I doubt they would do that anyway.

By wavebird shell, I think they simply mean a wireless joypad.

What the hell? Why do you care if it sticks out or not? I can garuntee you that it is not going to be top heavy at all since the battery and rumble is located at the bottom.

Also, another reason for having it stick out of the top is that it points forwards. This could mean that games may use both the shell and the NRC.