N-Europe

Magic & Magic Tricks - Post Your Favourites (Danger 56kers!)

The3rdChildren

I'm no magician, far from it... but I'll often go on the search for neat magic tricks/street magic to watch online when I'm bored because watching it seems to help me relax. This got me wondering if anyone here has anything cool to share in the way of magic. There's one guy in particular, a magician known as Cyril Takayama (Japanese, I think) who has some really neat videos online.

You can find videos of a few of his tricks

here and I thought you guys might like to see them.

I'd recommend anyone with some time on their hands check these videos out, they're pretty crazy, especially the salt shaker through the glass table and hamburger ones. I've actually been scouting around for a DVD with all this on, hopefully he has more than what's on offer there.

So, anyone know of any cool street magic/magic trick videos online? Anyone ever had any cool street magic done to them? Do we have any magicians here, I wonder? Who went to piss David Blaine off when he was in London?

Share your stories and videos.

Small disclaimer follows:

I'm aware this would normally be posted in the funny video thread stickied at the top, but by having it's own thread I think we could entice more users to contribute. Besides, it isn't just ANY videos and discussion is encouraged as well... Regardless, if mods or admins have issues with this thread then please feel free to go ahead and delete/move it as appropriate.

Small disclaimer follows:

I'm aware this would normally be posted in the funny video thread stickied at the top, but by having it's own thread I think we could entice more users to contribute. Besides, it isn't just ANY videos and discussion is encouraged as well... Regardless, if mods or admins have issues with this thread then please feel free to go ahead and delete/move it as appropriate.

I think as long as it remains a discussion of magic rather than just "look at this [link]!!" than it's okay.

And my vote goes to Gob Bluth.

When I was a lad, me and the kids next door used to stage magic shows for our families.

They were really good at the time, we had this Mac CD rom featuring some guy who taught us the tricks using videos and stuff.

There was one where you seemingly pulled two cards out of a deck that you had just placed in there totally at random. It was pretty good to do in front of people who didn't know better.

It was a great laugh, magic tricks are loads of fun.