N-Europe

Invastion of privacy in Vista?

CompSci

:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:cry::cry::cry::cry:

I all up for, the police to lock up sick paedophile bastards by hacking there comps, but what about the average joe? i do not want any one snooping my comp, while i am online

i may be thinking twice about upgrading to vista, however i may get the US vr of vista if, this backdoor problem is only in the uk vr

and also what about the HDD encrypted crap, WTF is up with that? i mean i work in a computer repair shop, its hard enough to recover lost data when windows XP is crashed, but encrypting a HDD and the punter forgets there password, how are we goner recover data then?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4713018.stm

Err, this is really nothing new. The FBI and other US government agencies have access like this in XP... i guess they just want in on the fun.

The police and government already monitor much of the nations online activity - heck, there's probably a SIS agent in an underground data centre in Yorkshire looking at this very thread. Father knows best and all that.

Waddya know, i'm from Yorkshire! ;)

Hint: I see everything.

I have been on a Vista trainging course the last two days for work, and although I have had to sign a NDA I can tell you (i think) that the hard drive encryption is an option that can be turned off. I can't tell you how it works etc but I think I can tell you that. Also I can tell you, be very excited, it has some totally impressive stuff!!

II should get my hands on a copy of a feature complete version next week so I'll let you know what its like to actually use :D

I have been on a Vista trainging course the last two days for work, and although I have had to sign a NDA I can tell you (i think) that the hard drive encryption is an option that can be turned off. I can't tell you how it works etc but I think I can tell you that. Also I can tell you, be very excited, it has some totally impressive stuff!!

II should get my hands on a copy of a feature complete version next week so I'll let you know what its like to actually use :D

I'm guessing you have been playing around with the latest build... that got leaked on the net. So i wouldn't worry about your NDA stuff, doesn't exactly matter.