N-Europe

Ghost of Yōtei (2025)

Julius

The sequel to Ghost of Tsushima has arrived! 

This trailer was one hell of a rollercoaster. 

In 1603, a new Ghost named Atsu sets out on a journey in the lands surrounding Mount Yõtei, an area filled with sprawling grasslands, snowy tundras, and unexpected dangers.

Ghost of Yõtei comes to PS5 in 2025.

I'm hyped as hell for this. Tsushima is one of my favourite open world games. 

Roll on 2025 :bouncy:

Edited by Julius

This is going to make a beautiful cover:

f7baf6d0e047d9a9ca2e7b85241b233195041daa

First word from Sucker Punch on the game has just dropped in the PS Blog, written up by none other than Andrew Goldfarb, formerly of IGN! 

Some beautiful shots of the game shared in that blog post, too. 

To grab some details of note:

• set over 300 years after the events of Ghost of Tsushima, Sucker Punch are focusing on the "Ghost" rather than picking up with Jin Sakai. 

• located in the lands surrounding Mount Yōtei in Ezo, or what is known today in Japan as Hokkaido. 

• this area was outside the law of Japan in 1603, "a far cry from the organized samurai clans who lived in Tsushima."

• built from the ground up for PS5. 

• new mechanics, gameplay improvements, new weapons. 

I was already thinking of replacing Ghost of Tsushima next year, but with this one the way, I guess it's all but locked in. Being set in Hokkaido and the snowy region of Japan? This has Fall 2025 written all over it, I feel. 

Can't wait :D

More info coming out now. 

Firstly, our protagonist is Atsu, voiced by none other than the awesome Erika Ishii! 

They have probably most notably voiced Valkyrie in Apex Legends, but Erika is also a regular on Dimension 20, has appeared on Critical Role, and some other similar shows in that corner of the internet, which is probably where I know them best from. So yeah, that's awesome! 

Additionally, some folks from Sucker Punch sat down with the New York Times, and there's some interesting stuff in there: most of note, to me, is this being "the beginning of a franchise that will include a movie and other spinoffs" following the success of Ghost of Tsushima, and that Yōtei will be a "linchpin to a series or tightly choreographed efforts from Sony to transform the series into a larger entertainment franchise"

Super interesting stuff.