NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

The 2024 Events Thread – La Li Lu Le Lo and Behold, E3 is Dead

"you're watching the Triple-i initiative".  Yes, I know that.  Thank you.

Otherwise, good show.

2 hours ago, Dcubed said:

"you're watching the Triple-i initiative".  Yes, I know that.  Thank you.

While I agree, I do think it was the right move for their first show, purely to get it stuck in your head. "Triple-i" as a corner of the industry isn't really discussed all that casually I find, and it's not being run by one of the big dogs or Geoff, so I think they were right to try to basically push awareness of the show on us for future reference. I know I certainly won't be like "what was that show earlier this year again, 'Quadruple-B Irrigation'?" later this year when we're waiting for shows to pop up, it'll be "'Triple-i' was super solid, really hope they turn up with another show!" :laughing:

Now, that being said, if they mention it more than an average of once every 15 minutes in their next show, then I'm going to change my tune, and they certainly can't return next time saying it nearly as many times as they did this time around. 

I do also wish they'd just take an extra beat for some of the release dates, some flashed up on-screen and we'd moved on a bit too fast for my liking. 

If you cast your mind back to the Level-5 Vision Showcase November 2023, you might remember that studio director Akihiro Hino wrapped things up with the announcement of another event in April 2024. Well, that event is no more as it has been announced that the expected showcase has been pushed to this summer.

These guys can't even get a showcase out on time. :D Such a mess of a company now.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Jesus... even Level 5's announcement showcases are chronically delayed...

It's a miracle this company is even still alive at this point.

They probably need the extra time, so that they can shadow drop... the announcement that their next game will be delayed until Q4 2027... (tentative) :p

Sign in to follow this