NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

Final Fantasy VII: Ever Crisis

So, this won't come as a shock to anyone, but Ever Crisis has just been announced to be coming to Steam, following a successful mobile launch - which I think now makes it worthy of a dedicated thread. 

Steam version under development!

We are actively developing a Steam version so that you can enjoy #FF7EC on PC! You can also share the data you play on the mobile version with the Steam version, so stay tuned for more information!

For anyone who needs a reminder, Final Fantasy VII: Ever Crisis is a compilation of the original Final Fantasy VII and it's various spin-offs, whether it be Advent Children, Before Crisis, Crisis Core, or Dirge of Cerberus. The game also has an original storyline telling the history of Sephiroth, based on the previously released The First Soldier (also for mobile). These are planned to be served up in monthly instalments, but I imagine it's only a matter of time - once the project is completed - before it lands on console. 

Now, for a roundup of the game's various trailers:

After this and XV Pocket Edition, I'm curious to see what other plans S-E has for adaptations/reimaginings of their own works - I think it's one of their smarter moves to be going this route. Personally, given the game's length and MMORPGness, I'd love to see a story-focused and mechanically leaner release of XIV, similar to Dragon Quest X Offline. 

December 7th!

Yeah, I'll probably wait to see what they do about microtransactions and a potential future console release if I'm ever going to get this :p

2 hours ago, Julius said:

Yeah, I'll probably wait to see what they do about microtransactions and a potential future console release if I'm ever going to get this :p

My money's on nothing at all.

Sign in to follow this