NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Glen-i

N-E Online Mario Parties (Week 27 - Waluigi's Island - MP3)

I was never in the running for that game. Coins stolen whenever I was close to the star, @Glen-i and @Dcubed throwing a game just so I wouldn’t get the 10 coins so I could buy a star on my next turn. Grrrrr

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

I was never in the running for that game. Coins stolen whenever I was close to the star, @Glen-i and @Dcubed throwing a game just so I wouldn’t get the 10 coins so I could buy a star on my next turn. Grrrrr

To be fair, @S.C.G was the one who truly got done dirty during this game.  He really should’ve won :laughing:

Thanks for playing. :D

Here's a link to this week's stream... :peace:

custom-af06797b-1b32-4eb8-8e9d-beca9fd1f1d9-640x360.jpeg

Mario Party 3 on the Nintendo Switch Online Expansion Pack - N-Europe Multiplayer (29/12/2023)

• Thanks 1

GCkQnrgakAAz-1p?format=jpg&name=large

"People achieve greatness by standing on the shoulders of others"

In other words, cheers S.C.G! Couldn't have done it without your Hidden Block stars!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Next week, more Duel Mode!

Blowhard

1600px-MP3_Blowhard_Board.png

There are two things you need to keep in mind for this board. The obvious thing is the fan in the center. If you pass it, the fan will swap the position of your partners. Naturally, good use of this can help fix a bad formation. The less obvious thing is that each of the junctions on this board let you go in any direction. OK, not the one you approach it from, but still, this is huge! You can travel clockwise or anti-clockwise freely! You can return to your starting corner in as little as 9 spaces! Loads of opportunities here!

OH GOD! WHY ARE THERE SIX GAME GUY SPACES!?

We've each played against each other once, so it's time to bust out the Random Number Generator. And it tells me that the matchups this time are:

@Glen-i VS @BowserBasher

@Dcubed VS @S.C.G

• Thanks 2

Shall we say 9pm then? Still need to have dinner.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Shall we say 9pm then? Still need to have dinner.

And there I was constantly refreshing the N64 app and wondering why you hadn't opened a room lol

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

@BowserBasher Damn! You were SO close to the miracle roll!

In order to win the game on the last turn, you needed to roll a 10, then win the 50:50 coin flip to get an extra dice block, then roll a 3 with the extra Pirahna Plant dice block…

The odds of you actually getting the 10 and winning the coin flip? 5%… You actually pulled off a 5% arse pull!

Sadly you actually needed the 3… so the real odds of you winning were a staggering ~1.6%, and…

vq6qmn19a4i61.png

So don’t feel too bad!

Edited by Dcubed
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

In order to win the game on the last turn, you needed to roll a 10, then win the 50:50 coin flip, then roll a 3 with the extra Pirahna Plant dice block…

The odds of you actually getting the 10 and winning the coin flip? 5% You actually pulled off a 5% arse pull!

Sadly you actually needed the 3… so the real odds of you winning were a staggering ~1.6%.

You know, deep down, I deserved to win that time.

Don't be such a blowhard!

• Angry 1

That would have been a greater win than my win over @Dcubed in the last battle game had I pulled it off though. Can’t complain, it was a 1 in a million shot. 

Mario Party 3 on the Nintendo Switch Online Expansion Pack - N-Europe Multiplayer (05/01/2024)

• Thanks 3

4 boards left! Now we're going to...

Creepy Cavern

1600px-MP3_Creepy_Cavern_Board.png

There's a lot going on in this board...

If you look at this board, you may have noticed that there's no direct path between the left side and the right. It's not an easy board to traverse. The main way you will swap sides is utilising the two Thwomps. Passing one will let you purchase a ride across the rails for 5 coins. The real mean thing here is that you have to actually time a jump on to the mine cart to actually travel across.

Much like Western Land in Mario Party 2, anyone on the rails will be forced to travel with the train. Knowing this, you can pay for the mine cart and elect to not ride it, just to force someone else to swap sides. Landing on an Happening Space that's on a rail will also make the corresponding Thwomp ride a cart to the other side.
And yes, the direction the mine cart travels depends on where the Thwomp is.
Yeah, this board is irritating, Skeleton Keys are not a bad investment for if you find yourself on a side where none of the Thwomps are.

But wait! There's more! Note the Whomp King in the middle, he's blocking the path it lies on. Landing on a Happening Space that isn't on a rail will make Whomp King flip over and block the other path. You can also do this directly by giving the Whomp King the item it wants.
Yes, item. Money ain't working this time! He'll keep on requesting the same item until someone gives it to him. The items he asks for tends to be the ones that cost five coins, but still a bit annoying.

This is the one board where the Reverse Mushroom isn't completely overpowered. It's still good, but it's not gonna be as useful as other boards.

Anyway, I'll have to see if @Dcubed is available next week.

• Thanks 2

I am indeed available next Friday :)

And yes, this board is the one rare exception where I would prioritise buying Skeleton Keys and buying standard Mushrooms over Reverse Mushrooms.

I mean… there are still places to abuse its brokenness (especially around Boo), but it isn’t gonna do you any good if you can’t actually get to the side of the board you want to be on in the first place… that being said… don’t forget that you can use ‘ol Reversie on other people though ;)

• Thanks 1

There are no words to describe that game tonight. When @S.C.G puts the stream up I urge anyone that wants to witness an insane game of MP to watch it. It wasn't a deserved win at all.

• Thanks 1

Gonna wait a bit to actually upload the highlights (or lowlights). Because @BowserBasher is right. One of the most amazing wins in the entire history of playing Mario Party!

Absolutely watch the recording!

Mario Party 3 on the Nintendo Switch Online Expansion Pack - N-Europe Multiplayer (12/01/2024)

• Thanks 2

Boy, Blowhard was a really great Duel Board, huh? Well, Duel Mode only goes downhill from here...

Mr. Mover

1600px-MP3_Mr_Mover_Board.png

This board is already notable for having the red and blue corners be on the bottom of the board. Note Mr. Mover, the conveyer belt at the bottom of the screen. It changes direction every turn, which means, if you're unlucky, you'll go the direction you don't want to go. Also note the option to loop around in one spot on the sides.

This board sucks. I'll be amazed if both matches are close.

The matchups have to be this way, because the last Duel Map is a secret one, and I imagine only @Dcubed and I have it.

@Glen-i VS @Dcubed

@BowserBasher VS @S.C.G

I'll leave it up to you when you want to duel, but I imagine Dcubed and I will duel at around 8pm.

• Thanks 2

Sign in to follow this