NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Glen-i

N-E Online Mario Parties (Week 27 - Waluigi's Island - MP3)

9 hours ago, S.C.G said:

Yeah... I completely forgot after posting this, though it had been a busy day and I hadn't eaten yet at that point. :blush:

If you waited, I hope it wasn't for long, and if you played, I hope it was fun. :peace:

Honestly, it's fine. You probably already noticed that we played a lot of other games instead. Not Mario Party 3, mind. You ain't getting away from Spiny Desert that easily!

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, S.C.G said:

Yeah... I completely forgot after posting this, though it had been a busy day and I hadn't eaten yet at that point. :blush:

If you waited, I hope it wasn't for long, and if you played, I hope it was fun. :peace:

Yeah, your forgetfulness lead to an impromptu fun evening. Thanks for forgetting lol

• Haha 1

A long overdue impromptu Mario Party 3 night tonight ensured that nobody could escape Spiny Desert!

And this game was...

... weird.

Weird, even by Mario Party standards.

And a long overdue and (well... earned?) victory!

• Weird 1

GBV4EVeaIAASGGG?format=jpg&name=large

I swear, it was a 20 turn game!

Words fail me. This is, by far, the most insane game we've played since this thread started!

6 hidden blocks! 14 stars! 3 Chance Times! At least the Barter Box didn't show up this time. A Koopa Card did though! But @Dcubed never passed a bank space once he got it, so it never got used.

Those items are meant to be rare, I swear!

Anyway! I TOTALLY WON ON WATER WHIRLED! What absolute BS was that!?
Looking at those results, it just occurred to me that the last 2V2 mingame we played was pivotal in deciding who placed where. Not for @S.C.G, he had the game in the bag once he nicked 94 of my coins in Chance Time, but for everyone else.

If Dcubed and @BowserBasher had won that last minigame, then they would've gotten 10 coins instead of me. Which means BowserBasher would've clinched second place, while Dcubed and I would've drawn.

I lucked out big, because with my track record with a certain thing, I would not have won that tie breaker!

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 3

Even without the Barter Box in play, we still managed to pull of some Mario Party 2 Plunder Chest shenanegans, including forcing Glen-i to throw an item minigame to spite everyone else :laughing:

Seriously! Make sure to watch @S.C.G’s catchup stream.  This game was nuts!

Also… congratulations to @S.C.G for finally coming out on top! :peace: You wouldn’t have guessed it considering he spent half the game in last place!

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Even without the Barter Box in play, we still managed to pull of some Mario Party 2 Plunder Chest shenanegans, including forcing Glen-i to throw an item minigame to spite everyone else :laughing:

Hey, I got a Dueling Glove! I took 20 coins from Simon with that!

I've nothing else to say except... "h-h-h-h-h-h-hahaha!" (the sound of Luigi's taunt being spammed repeatedly with the L button) :p

Thanks for playing. :D

Here's a link to this week's stream... :peace:

custom-af06797b-1b32-4eb8-8e9d-beca9fd1f1d9-640x360.jpeg

Mario Party 3 on the Nintendo Switch Online Expansion Pack - N-Europe Multiplayer (14/12/2023)

Edited by S.C.G
  • Thanks 1

What a game. I was 4 stars up within a very short time. I wonder if the slight lag screwed me over in my Chance Time too in which I ended up giving a star to @S.C.G? I mean if that didn't happen who knows the totals. I knew it was too good to be true for me leading so early with such a lead.

Great game again @Dcubed and @Glen-i. Oh and Dean actually stealing off Glen via Boo being the right call for once and not just stealing from you out of spite.

• Thanks 2

Pipesqueak

1600px-Pipesqueak_MP3.png

Our third duel board has a dumb name, but a pretty straightforward gimmick. Jumping into any of the pipes in the corners will take you to a different pipe. What pipe you come out of is chosen at random (You will always go to a different pipe then the one you jumped into). It's a cool risk-reward thing that means no area is truly safe from a surprise attack.

These will be the matchups this week, basically we'll be facing whoever we haven't dueled against yet.

@Glen-i VS @S.C.G
@BowserBasher VS @Dcubed

Dcubed and I should be free whenever over the Christmas period, so I'll leave it to our opponents to determine a time.

• Thanks 1

Wow, just wow. Shame we didn't have that whole game being recorded as that was intense. It all came down to that very last turn in which the game was decided.

GB-tN1saAAAnwf3?format=jpg&name=large

17 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

Wow, just wow. Shame we didn't have that whole game being recorded as that was intense. It all came down to that very last turn in which the game was decided.

He's not wrong. 4 Game Guy games happened, and they all ended in wins. Suffice to say, both of them were rolling in money. And then, on the last turn...

Which led to...

Absolutely disgusting!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Dcubed and I should be free whenever over the Christmas period, so I'll leave it to our opponents to determine a time.

I've only just seen this...

How about... 8pm on Sunday 24th December?

1 hour ago, S.C.G said:

I've only just seen this...

How about... 8pm on Sunday 24th December?

Sure thing! I'll see you then.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Absolutely disgusting!

I think you mean Wonderful.

I'l try to sit in and watch the match between you two too.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Heads up, @S.C.G. An hour until we kill each other.

Can't wait... :cool:

Neither can Luigi... :p

• Thanks 1

Luigi says - "Merry-a-Christmas you filthy animal... *Bang! Bang!* And-a Happy-a-New Year! *Bang!*" :santa:

Yep... Luigi made out like a bandit with all the coins, not Wario for a change. ;)

His Golf skills however, leave a lot to be desired, and while not streamed, some of the better (or worse) attempts may have been captured.

Thanks for playing. :D

Here's a link to this week's stream... :peace:

custom-af06797b-1b32-4eb8-8e9d-beca9fd1f1d9-640x360.jpeg

Mario Party 3 on the Nintendo Switch Online Expansion Pack - N-Europe Multiplayer (24/12/2023)

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, S.C.G said:

Yep... Luigi made out like a bandit with all the coins, not Wario for a change. ;)

Starting to think he bribed the Millennium Star to win that game.

I'd like to nominate this as the new "Unluckiest Performance in N-E history", please.

Naturally, S.C.G won all three of his Game Guy games.

Missing the timing is one thing, but it just had to be Whomp straight after, didn't it!?

All that health means jack when Chain Chomp just hits everyone anyway!

And for the final step in my humiliation conga line...

GCK93kZbEAAo6n3?format=jpg&name=large

At least BowserBasher and DCubed were entertained...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, BowserBasher said:

@Glen-i, I'll just leave this here.

Z2iyKEP.jpeg

tXd1vMP.jpeg

I knew I could count on you.

Seems appropriate, considering I'm playing Chrono Cross at the moment, where the Game Over screen has this line.

75a1c8943e4c34685d5bb55a1e1b3ec0.jpg

Eerily relevant...

• Haha 2

Can't get to a Desktop, so you'll have to cope with mediocre formatting.

This week, we're playing on Woody Woods.

800px-MP3_Woody_Woods_Board.png

The key thing about this board are the three signs with arrows on them. They dictate where players go and they change direction at the start of every turn, if someone lands on any happening space right in front of a sign junction, or if someone pays Monty Mole to do so at the bottom-left structure.

Yes, it's very annoying. Reverse Mushrooms are immensely powerful on this board if a sign sends you in the wrong direction.

The happening spaces in front of Woody lets you play a mini-game that can net you 5 coins or an extra roll. The happening spaces in front of Evil Woody at the top-left let's you play the same mini-game, but the prizes are -5 coins or a dice block that sends you backwards.

See you tonight at 8pm, @S.C.G and @BowserBasher

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

This week, we're playing on Woody Woods.

I see they gave the naming guy a day off and let his kid name this board.

• Haha 2

Sign in to follow this