NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Darren

Looking for some Pokémon fans to talk about the good ol' days

17 hours ago, EEVILMURRAY said:

They're alright, but around that time is where the magic started to fade. It's nowhere near what it used to be now.

Nah, I won't stand for this slander. I don't think the quality faded with the DS games, I think you just grew out of it or your relationship with the franchise shifted as you got older. 

Everything's subjective, blah blah blah, but let's be real here: the quality objectively crashed into a brick wall and never quite recovered with the transition from 2D to 3D with the 3DS games. Game Freak weren't well-equipped then, and the shocking thing is that in the decade since, they've only looked less experienced as the games have become more demanding. 

17 hours ago, EEVILMURRAY said:

(Give us more {Pokémon Ranger)

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9522vvadrgneg5ua1mmb4

31 minutes ago, Julius said:

Nah, I won't stand for this slander. I don't think the quality faded with the DS games, I think you just grew out of it or your relationship with the franchise shifted as you got older.

The fact that he states that after Gold/Silver is the point of downfall goes to show nostalgia is at play here. In fact, I believe that's case for anyone who claims that.
Because HeartGold/SoulSilver exist, and they make the original games redundant with how much of an improvement they are.

Anyway, yeah. The shift to 3D hurt Game Freak, and the relatively quick shift to HD only exacerbated the problem.

2 hours ago, Julius said:

Everything's subjective, blah blah blah, but let's be real here: the quality objectively crashed into a brick wall and never quite recovered with the transition from 2D to 3D with the 3DS games. Game Freak weren't well-equipped then, and the shocking thing is that in the decade since, they've only looked less experienced as the games have become more demanding. 

I've given this a lil bit of thought and I think ye right. I remember the bit in Black/White where the Gym Leaders showed up to help you out, those kinda moments please me, even if the whole N/Ghetsis thing was silly.

I still enjoyed the games, but I put it down more to familiarity than nostalgia. Going 3D certainly has put a damper on it. I don't think they realised what they were getting themselves into, made even painfully more obvious with Scarlet/Violet.

I may go back and play Black

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

Because HeartGold/SoulSilver exist, and they make the original games redundant with how much of an improvement they are.

I think this is more what I meant too!

Sign in to follow this